Jun 18, 2008

Some Progress

There has been a lot of knitting going on it's just most of it is stuff I can't show you yet.

First up is the progress on Kaity's skirtsicle (Rav)(non Rav).

DSC05104

Isn't it amazing how much the pattern changed when I increase the stitch. Less the 50 stitches increased and it went into this cool spiral pattern. The upper half probably won't be seen much unless Kaity tucks in her shirt....which she never does. I have about 5-6 inches left to knit before it's finished. This time I remembered to turn the skirt around so that it's right side up for the picture. I also tucked in the waist band though I haven't sewn it down yet. I'll do that after I bind off.

Cute toddler distraction.

DSC05090

I need to throw in something to distract you all from noticing I haven't a lot of knitting progress to report. Hopefully it worked.

I can finally show you the socks I knit for my TLE swap pal Kristen aka Woolology on Ravelry.

DSC04945

Thankfully the socks fit her feet wonderfully and she loved them. It was so much fun spoiling her. The pattern is Tangled Faeries (Rav)(non Rav). I loved knitting this pattern so much that I'll be making a pair in the near future for myself. I did modify the pattern a tad. I used my own favorite short row heel and toe and I knit them both at the same time. The yarn used was ShibuiKnits sock (Rav)(non Rav), color Sky. The color is off in the picture. It's much more blue. The Loopy Ewe photo is much more accurate. I really liked knitting with this yarn. I have one skein left that will probably become socks for one of the girls. I bought a third skein to be safe. You never know when something can go horribly wrong.

I have made decent progress on the soap sack.

DSC05109

This goes with my sheep washcloth and is using the yarn (pima petite from The Unique Sheep) and pattern that came with my 7 Deadly S(p)ins club shipment. Woolgirl is going to be carrying this yarn in her shop soon and I can't wait. Its so soft and perfect for making spa gifts with.

Oh look cute puppy. Ok, ok shaggy puppy. He's going to the groomers soon!

DSC05091

I need to throw in a distraction every now and then.

I picked up some cotton yarn the other day at Michaels.

DSC05064

The Sugar N' Cream was on sale for $1 each but it had been picked through and there were only a few skeins left. Most of them were white and off white. So the three in the photo was all I got but I picked up a couple skeins of cottontots for Bree's facecloths. If anyone has unloved leftover cottontots that they don't want/need let me know. I'm more then happy to give it a new home and turn it into washcloths for my messy toddler.

Finally, this is my new favorite knitting gadget.

DSC05100

I bought a row counter from Muddy Paws Knit Knacks. It was really hard to pick just one since there are so many gorgeous counters to pick from. This has got to be the best row counter I've bought. It stays on your knitting so you don't have to worry about losing it and you don't have to worry about it fitting your wrist like the bracelets. Plus Darcie (the shop owner) is really great to deal with.....very nice! To top it all off Darcie sends the row counter in a little cloth pouch so you have a place to store your counter when not in use. I see a few more of these in my future. Plus I think they'd make great gifts for swap pals, knitterly friends, etc.

Well that's it for now. In a few days I'll be posting about some of the samples I knit awhile back and show you a teaser pic of what I'm working on right now.



6 comments:

  1. How does the row counter work? It looks very different from others I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool yarn on the skirt - that's amazing that it changed that much! Love the Tangled Faeries, too - added to my Ravelry faves. (You're such an enabler!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the skirt link. Think I'll be making that for my granddaughter. That cute toddler distraction gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hhmm that row counter looks pretty neat.. I just marked them as a favorite in etsy. could be bad.
    I just added Tangled Faries to my Rav que... could be another problem.
    Bree and Zeus look so cute! But where is Kaity? Have not seen a pic of her in a while!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute skirt, counter, socks, doggie, and oh yeah - toddler!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your puppy has the cutest 'fro!
    Great socks. I'm off to check out that pattern!

    ReplyDelete