Jun 11, 2008

Snow's Not Right!

Anyone else agree with me when I say "there shouldn't be snow on the ground in June!"

DSC05038

It snowed last night. I'm not sure what the official total is but there was about 2 inches in my yard around 6am. As you can see in the pic, it's starting to melt and will probably be gone before the end of the day. We're suppose to get more rain later this afternoon and the possibility of snow again tonight. Sheesh! Life is never dull here in Montana. To top it all off we lost power some time last night/early this morning and when the power came back on at the butt crack of dawn it scared the crap out of all of us. When our power comes back on it sets off all the smoke detectors in the house. We have one in almost every room and they are all wired together. It's a lot of racket when they go off. The only one who wasn't woke up was Bree. How she slept through that I'll never know!

I'm so glad I was watching the weather or my poor babies would have been snowed on and more then likely killed.

DSC05005These are our two tomato plants. They're in the garage right now where it's nice and warm. It seems that the military got something right with the garages in these houses. Even in the coldest part of winter our garage never dropped below 45-50 F.

DSC05008

As you can see one of the tomato plants has some flowers on it. There are several more on there now. I took this pic about a week ago and it looks like the second plant is going to have a few flowers soon.

My June Art Walk Sock Club (a Zen Yarn Garden Club) came in the other day. Here's the link since there are some that probably haven't gotten theirs yet. The colors are gorgeous! Now I need to find a pattern to show off the colors.

Shawn brought home a gift card and coffee cup for my birthday.

DSC05023

It didn't take me long to spend the money. I picked up Teach Yourself Visually Handspinning. It looks to be a good book and I'll soon be trying my hand at more spinning.

I've started a new dishrag.

DSC05033

This one is the Woven Basket Stitch Dishcloth. The pattern is easy enough to do but it's kinda fiddly and you have to use a bigger needle then you'd normally use for dishcloths because the pattern is tight. I'm using US8's instead of the US 6 & 7's I normally use. I added a garter stitch border because I'm not big on dishcloths without some kind of border. I'm crazy, I know. Yarn is Peaches & Creme Fiesta Ombre.

I've also made good progress on Kaity's skirt.

DSC05036
**Edited: Thanks KT for the non Ravelry link for your skirtsicle pattern.

I'm using the Skirtsicle (Rav Link)(non Rav link) pattern. The pattern use to be available through MagKnits but since MagKnits has died a very ungraceful death the designer edited the pattern and is now offering it for sale. I'm using Peaches & Creme Pink Lemonad

I have one Woolgirl test knit completed and in the mail and I'm about halfway done with the second test knit for her. I won't be able to show either of these for awhile since they are for future club/kit shipments. The third test knit is for Madelinetosh and it is on hold right now due to some pattern issues which are to be expected with a new pattern. When I get some better weather I'll give you all a teaser of this third test knit.



12 comments:

  1. I'll take the little bit of snow over the heat wave we are having

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! I promise not to tell you it's in the 90's here. Not that I'm loving that either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you saved the plants, but snow? Seriously? That's AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FWIW, the non-Ravelry page for Skirtsicle is http://knitwithkt.blogspot.com/2008/04/pattern-for-sale-skirtsicle.html. You can see the pattern info and buy it without needing a Ravelry id. I hope yours is a hit!
    Also, it was over 100F here for four days - and we're in a drought - do you think the snow would melt too much if you shipped it to NC? :)
    KT (the designer)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They was saying McCall was suppose to get 1-2 inches last night. This morning, it was said McCall got 3-4 inches. Damn global warming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are so moving there.... SNOW!!! in JUNE! so much better than the crazy heat/humidity we have had the last few days.
    on the dishcloth... how fiddley is fiddley? cause I'm really likin' the pic you posted and may have to do one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dishcloth may be fiddly, but it is way cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow - gross. You can keep that in Montana. We're being deluged by rain and it's chilly but at least there's no snow.
    Teach Yourself Visually Handspinning is my favorite spinning book. It's got everything in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yuck! Snow! You just keep that to yourself! A heat wave is starting to sound really, really good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It IS a little fiddly, isn't it? Good thing (for me at least) the color interaction keeps me mesmerized! I'm off to count my blessings that we haven't had snow for several weeks now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, it's soooooo hot down here we've been getting 100 degree weather, ugh I could definitely use some cool snow. :)

    ReplyDelete