Jun 23, 2008

Bestest Swap Pal Evah!

I have the best swap pal ever! Look at what Janice (Jarlady on Rav) sent me.

DSC05150

The yummiest scarf made out of Wollmeise 80/20 Twin, Pfefferminz Prinz which is a color I've been drooling over for awhile now. She also sent me Jelly Bellys (yum, I'm fighting Kaity over these), my favoritest Dove chocolate (no meltage at all), a Knit Picks 32" 2.5mm circ (my most favorite type and size of needle), the cutest felted bowl (it's holding my most used knitterly goodies), a TLE water bottle (already being used), a Starbucks coffee mug (love me some Starbucks), a skein of Sugar n' Cream Stripes (can never have enough dishcloth cotton!), pattern tamers (these were at the top of my "Want" list), CookieA's Mona sock pattern which was like the only CookieA pattern that wasn't in my Rav queue. How did I manage that one? It's in there now!

Here's a shot of Kaity helping me out by modeling the scarf.

DSC05159

Shawn wasn't around to take the picture plus I have to tell you something but you have to promise to keep it a secret (I was still in my PJs). Shush, don't tell anyone!

Here's a shot of the little bowl holding my goodies.

DSC05171

It's the perfect size to hold my knitting gadgets that are too small to fit in my big coffee mug that I use to hold my pens, crochet hooks, stitch holders, etc. I hate keeping these items in the drawer because I use them all the time.

Thanks Janice for being the bestest swap pal ever. I loved everything.

On a side note I got all excited because Shawn told me that he heard there was a Starbucks that opened up here on base. My excitement was shot down when Shawn called to tell me that it was an unmanned stand that serves brewed Starbucks brand coffee. It's the most piteful thing I've ever seen. Why even bother! If I wanted Starbucks brewed coffee I'd make it in my own darn coffee pot at home. I can buy the beans at the commissary. Sheesh! I don't go to Starbucks for a plain coffee I go for the yummy, carmel flavored, loads of sugar and whip cream type caffinated beverages!!! I save brewed coffee for my coffee pot here at the house. And here I thought I was going to have a Starbucks within walking distance. Oh well, at least the one down the road has a drive through.



11 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like you got treated right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you liked your package and everything in it!!! It was fun to put it together for you. (We have a common love in Jelly Belly's; dove chocolates; starbucks... well, everything!!) Sorry about your Starbucks disappointment there, but you will be a richer woman because of it!! (With more money for yarny goodness!!) We call it Fourbucks around our house... which adds up quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a package! You are one lucky gal. Couldn't help but notice the F&F scarf out of Wollmeise. It is gorgeous! I am doing one out of Noro Sock Yarn right now. Did your swap pal knit it going in just one direction, or did she knit two halves and joined them at the middle? I'm undecided and yours is sooooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Janice!!! I met her at the Spring Fling, and she is the sweetest lady! You were very lucky to be paired up with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. at last a picture of Kaity!!! Hi Kaity~
    wow, that's one hum-dinger of a package, everything looks great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pfefferminz Prince?!?!?!?!? I love that color!!!! Wow- your swap mate is the BEST. She gave up Wollmeise for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great swap package. I love your scarf model. She looks a little too comfortable in that scarf .... hope she gave it back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is some lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always nice to get goodies of this kind. And I'm with you on the Starbucks thing, but I never know what to order there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your gifts! I don't know what we'd do without Starbucks. Make our own coffee? As if!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! That's a super awesome swap pal! :)

    ReplyDelete