Jan 31, 2008

Feelin' Better

I'm finally starting to feel normal again. I still sound horrible but most of the aches and pains are gone and I can kinda sorta breath again. Ah, the wonderful powers of NyQuil. I slept like a ton of bricks. I'm still pretty tired but I'm sure that will fade as time passes.



I have a lot to report since my last post. This is going to be a long post with lots of pics.



I received the books I ordered from Overstock.



Dsc03912







Spin It, Spinning in the Old Way, and Knitting Without Tears.



I also ordered some samples from Zen Yarn Garden.



Dsc03909









For $5 I received 5 different sock yarn samples. Since I bought the samples I'll get $5 off my next order. I'll be ordering from them soon their yarns are really nice.



I'm reworking Kaity's mittens.



Dsc03917





She's says they aren't keeping her hands warm enough so I'm knitting another mitten attached to the other mitten using some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport sock yarn. I wasn't sure how well this was going to work but it turned out great. I've finished one and am about halfway through the second mitten. I'll post better pics when they are finished.



Shawn has a new hat.



Dsc03924







He got a new jacket the other day so he needed a new matching hat...his logic, not mine but I didn't argue. He likes the hats I make him, I'm not going to complain. I used the Lucky 7 Hat pattern. The ribbing makes this hat very stretchy so it fit his fat head perfectly. I used some Lambs Pride worsted from my stash. I'll get some pics if of Shawn wearing it later.



I finished Bree's legwarmies.



Dsc03928







I knit them both at the same time using  leftover Opal 6-ply sock yarn.



Dsc03929









I think she likes them. They'll keep her legs warm even when her pants ride up her legs.



I started another hat for Kaity.



Dsc03934







I'm using Tiennie's Norwegian Star Earflap Hat (pdf link). I left off the earflaps and just cast on the stitches stated in the pattern and worked 5 rows of K2, P2 ribbing. I'm also going to knit another plain stockinette stitch hat to fit inside this one for extra warm. Since I'm knitting a hat to fit inside, I'm floating the yarn instead of weaving it. The other hat will keep the floats from being snagged. This is my first colorwork pattern.



Anyone else notice that everyone in my household has a knit hat except me? Sheeesh! I think the next hat I cast on is going to be for me. Now I need to decide on a pattern.



7 comments:

  1. Yes, I did notice that all the family members are well stocked except you. What's next for you, Trish? I am so glad you are feeling better. We had just horrible wind here today. Couldn't go out for fear the wind would take off the car door. Poor Milo, too. He hates this wind. I love the knits you have finished. I downloaded the hat pattern. Thanks so much for the link. Hope tomorrow finds you even better than today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote that you make Koolhaas. I'm about 1/2 done with mine and am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to let me know what you think of Spin It as I am looking at an introduction to drop spindling kit that contains a copy but it's over the net so I don't know what the book is like. And I highly recommend Roxanne's beautiful Zen Yarn Garden yarns - I have a bunch and they are fabulous to knit with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Acckk!!! Little babe in legwarmers - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all do that, knit for others before us. I counted hubby's socks to mine (that I knit) and if it wasn't for the swaps I do, I wouldn't have hardly any socks! LOL Okay, maybe knitting socks for hubby and swap partners isn't the same, but hey....I don't knit many socks for me! LOL Glad you are feeling better. I have to get buttons for the pea pod baby set, so should be posting this weekend. Daughter's eyes lit up when she saw it and wanted to know what size it was. It is a very fun pattern to knit and I'll be getting the yarn today to knit it in 12 months size for next fall for the new one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. um, yes I do think its about time for YOU. Nobody will be happy if Mamma is cold! The real problem is that there are so many neat hats- you may have to knit more than one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Nyquil! Good to hear you are getting your much needed sleep. :)
    That's a great deal from Zen garden. Hmm I may need to check out their sample pack.
    Ooohh those are super cute leg warmers for Bree.

    ReplyDelete