Apr 1, 2008

Normal, Wonderful Normal

Ah, the wonderful sound of quiet. Kaity went back to school yesterday so all is quiet in the luvs2knit household. I'm trying very hard not to think about summer break which is fast approaching.

I finished the Reims Stockings the other day.

Dsc04540

This was a fun pattern and I think I'll try it again in the near future. I took out one pattern repeat for a better fit to my foot and made the cuff a little shorter then written in the pattern.

I started a pair of socks for my mom.

Dsc04537

I decided that since I have 16 pair of handknit socks that the next pair would be for my mom. I'm using Lang Jawoll Color and the Braided Cable with Garter Bead pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. I used a Picot Cast on and though it took longer then a normal cast on I think it's worth it.
Looking at the skein of Lang Jawoll Color you would never guess that there was going to be stripes.

I'm using color 82.0164 which is deep shades of red/maroon. I can't quite understand why they put the acrylic in their yarn, it's only 7% acrylic. With the superwash wool and the nylon I don't see the need for the acrylic but it's a nice sock yarn and not unpleasent to work with.

I did my Picot CO as follows:
*Cast On 4 sts using the Knitted CO, BO 2 sts, rep from * until you have enough stitches to start your sock, join in the round and happy knitting.

Bree has her upper GI appointment Friday morning. Shawn's taking the day off just in case it turns out to be a bad day for Bree. When I say bad day, I mean fussy, clingy, no nap, etc. I'm hoping it goes quickly and doesn't bother her too much.



I'm working on a new sample for Woolgirl but it will be quite some time before I can show it to you all.



I've been making slow but steady progress on my Bee Fields Shawl and Rouge sweater.



9 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you all on Friday, praying that all is well with Bree. I just had one of those the first part of March. All was well. Thanks for the mini tutorial on the Picot cast on. I like that very much. Will you use in next time I start a pair. I have three on the needles, so I have to finish those before I start another pair. Hope your peaceful day is a good one. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well with Bree. We'll have to compare notes later. My grandson Nate has been doing better since we took him off all medication and changed his diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. will keep fingers crossed for Bree- hope it goes well...
    I don't know what we are going to do this summer... its gonna be crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you at Bree's appointment. Hopefully they will be really gentle or at least sedate her a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pink socks are a nice pattern. I have to look into that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl: Give Bree a hug and we are sending "warm wishes" that all goes well on Friday. I love Lang Jawoll yarn. I like the wool better than the cotton though. I just finished the gray socks for hubby using the cotton and he says the fit is good but the yarn is "funny". I had to explain it was cotton and not wool. He was like "why?" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. The socks look good. Hope Bree is well.

    ReplyDelete