Apr 12, 2008

As Promised

Here's the photos I promised of the Bee Field Shawl progress.



Dsc04647





Dsc04657



As you can see in the second picture I ran a lifeline this time. The malabrigo lace makes taking photos on the floor easier. It sticks to the carpet so there is no need for me to use pins to pull the WIP out so I can show off the pattern.



I cast on the second Braided Cable sock but since there is only a half inch done I didn't think it was photo worthy. I cast on another project but it's for my TLE Swap Pal so I won't be posting any other details. Once the box has been opened by my pal I will post.



I'm trying very hard not to cast on a pair of socks for myself. I'm waiting till I finish my moms Braided Cables before I start a pair for myself. Plus I really need to get going on Rogue again. I think that's what I'll work on tonight.



For the past few weeks I've been going back and forth on my decision to get another Mac or buy a PC when we get our rebate check in from the IRS. I've finally decided to get a shiny new iMac to replace Betsy the eMac. It was going to cost me more to get a PC because I would have needed to purchase a new copy of Quicken, Adobe Photoshop Elements and a full version of MS Office to replace what I have on the eMac. Plus I couldn't stand to lose my Mac Dashboard. Since the iMac comes with iPhoto and I already have a Quicken and Office there is no extra software needed. If I need to use a PC badly enough I can use Shawn and Kaity's computer.



It's almost bed time for the kiddos which means peace and quiet for me. I'm very much looking forward to some quiet.



Happy Knitting!



7 comments:

  1. The bee field shawl is so pretty! Malabrigo lace is to die for. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look of the blog! And Yeah! for the new Mac. Dave is drooling over the Air, and Phil wants a new IMac. I just used their Mac cast offs. The shawl is lovely. Good for you for even attempting it. It's in my queue, but I need a couple more easier ones under my belt first. I'm still chugging along on Seraphim and another FC. Hope everyone is fine. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice Bee Fields!
    hhmm Mac? really? I've heard good stuff, but have only ever worked on pc....

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I love the knitting, I am most jealous of that carpet. I have to take photos outside because of the hideous stains and holes.
    Are you the first family to live on it? It looks so soft and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shawl is so gorgeous and you are zooming right along with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life lines are life savers. Guess that's why their called life lines.
    Can't wait to see the finished shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bee shawl is yummy. I love the color! I was very interested in your sock yarn as I have about the same amount. I keep thinking that in years to come, the sock yarn will be ugly, but I will still have all my pretty yarn . . . or pretty socks, as the case may be.

    ReplyDelete