Apr 18, 2008

The One Where.....

Trish actually has an FO to report. I finished my moms socks and I managed to get a very nice photo.



Dsc04690

Dsc04687

Isn't it amazing what happens when you brave the sunshine and take your photos outdoors. You can actually see the cables in the close up shot. I need to get a new table set for our porch/patio whatever you want to call it. The coolers will have to do for now. The good news is we are getting two more trees in our backyard some time between now and late May. Everyone in my housing area is getting 2-3 trees. They are staggering them around so that we will have a bit of privacy in our backyard. Right now it is so open and I hate it.

The Lang Jawoll yarn isn't too bad to work with. I didn't have any major problems with splitting. I think the yarn split maybe once or twice but that was from me not paying attention. It won't replace my favorite basic yarns like Trekking, Regia, Berroco Sox or Opal but it's a nice addition since it comes in a ton of different colors and is only $7 per 50 gram skein. The only thing I don't understand is the acrylic. Why put it in the yarn since it's such a small amount (7% acrylic). I'm not yarn snobbing here, I'm truly curious if there was a reason for it since it has nylon in it and the wool is superwash.



So far this year I've knit 9 pair of adult socks and 6 pair of baby/toddler/child socks. Not to bad considering it's only mid-April. I think I have another sock project ready to go involving some medium weight Socks that Rock, color Tidepool and this pattern. I'll start them this evening after the girls are in bed.

Here's what I bought from Woolgirl's Anniversary Sale.

Dsc04694

Gypsy Girl Creations Sport weight: Color Spring Garden, Lobster Pot Socks pattern, and a pattern to make a cute hat/mitten set.

I bought some SWTC Twize from WEBS. I went with color 322 to make a dress for Bree. I have a pattern in mind but need to swatch to see if it will work. I picked up 4 skeins for a total of 484 yard. I shouldn't have any problems finding a pattern if the one I have in mind doesn't work. The box from WEBS and the skeins from Knit Picks have shipped. It looks like they are both going to be here some time next week. I also bought this yummy skein of yarn from Dog Lover's Yarn which is on it's way to me as I type. Will someone please go buy Raspberry Ice, Motherlode, and Butterscotch because they are tempting me.

I'll leave you all with a pic of Bree with her brand new baby doll.
Dsc04681


Happy Knitting!



4 comments:

  1. Those socks are great! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh love the cables. :)
    yay! You're gonna be cranking out some really awesome items from all your purchases. Can't wait to see them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the socks for your Mom. Those cables look great. You have been doing some nice stash enhancement, as well. We are supposed to get really rotten weather this weekend. You, too? Ah, Springtime in the Rockies. The touristas are starting to arrive even though the park doesn't open until the first week in May. Cute, cute Bree. I think she loves to have her picture taken. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The socks look great! The "outside" pic really shows the cables well
    LOVE HAPPY BABY! SMOOSHIES!!!!

    ReplyDelete