Apr 15, 2008

Some Spinning

There's time for a little spinning now that things are a little more normal around here....Shawn went back to work and the kids aren't sick anymore.

My Precious has been so neglected since I bought her. I messed up my knee, then I hurt my back, then spring break and Kaity being sick, then Shawn got sick....it's been one thing after another.

Yesterday I dusted her off and did a little spinning.



Dsc04671


Not to bad for my second try. I'm spinning smaller amounts because I'm trying to figure it all out and get the hang of spinning.

Dsc04678

I've taken a pic to show my first try and second try side by side. The first try at spinning is the green one. This go around looks a lot more like yarn then the first one which was way over twisted.

I do have a knitting FO.

Dsc04668

I made a pair of leg warmers for Bree using some leftover Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted. They are more for Bree to play with then to keep her legs warm. She likes slipping them on her arms and legs and prancing around the house. Since she is too small for the dress up stuff to fit her I have to improvise.

I also bought a skein of sock yarn from Yarn4Socks.

Dsc04664

It's Pagewood Farms Chugiak, color Mocha. It's a very yummy colorway.

I've managed to not cast on socks for myself and have completed a few more rows of my moms sock, worked a little on my TLE swap pals item, put another 2 rows on the Bee Field shawl and put several more inches on my Rogue. I'm like 14 rows from splitting for the front and back.



Tomorrow I should be getting my box from TLE. It's mostly stuff for my swap pal but I did order myself one of the travel mugs. I'm a sucker for coffee mugs. I also ordered a couple skeins of Knit Picks Comfy yarn to try. I have a few patterns in mind and I want to see how the yarn will work with them. I've been hearing good things about this yarn. I'm thinking about using it to make A Cardigan for Arwen for my sis. I want to make swatches and run them through the washer and dryer several times to see how they hold up.



9 comments:

  1. I got my Loopy Ewe package today. And then, she comes out with a water bottle! UGH! MUST.NOT.PLACE.ANOTHER.ORDER!
    Cute little legwarmers! I've seen those for crawling babies to protect their knees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy heck woman. Catching up on your posts. You really do have an addiction to sock yarn! Great shawl, adorable baby and TOO MUCH YARN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spinning looks good. My first skeins were not recognizable as yarn.
    Let me know if you want any help or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all you do....I forgot you were learning to spin too. I'm tired just reading about it, I don't see how you do it all....Is your house clean? LOL Do you cook? LOL Something has to give there....it can't be all done. Well, if it is....you is.....Superwoman! We are going to promote you with an official title.....I am WOMAN! Anyword on the test results yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah spinning!!!! I've had my spindles out recently-
    you're yarn is lookin good!
    Bree's leggies are too cute..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love coffee mugs too. Some people collect shot glasses, I get a mug everywhere I go. Let me know what yarn you are using for the Cardigan for Arwen. I like that one too, but didn't have time for it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spinning looks very nice. You'll be spinning your own sock yarn soon. Or lace weight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like we are learning to spin at the same time :-) Yours is looking good. I actually kind of like the thick/thin look and hear that you can't go back to it once you start spinning consistently.
    LOVE the little leg warmers. They are very cute!

    ReplyDelete