Apr 6, 2008

Long Overdue

It's been almost a week since my last post. I think I need to try posting a little more often.

I was browsing through the Knit Picks Lovers forum on Ravelry and saw a post asking for test knitters. I thought about it for all of like 2 seconds and decided I like my knitting life way to much to give it up. Not that I would be picked there are plenty of other knitters who have way more experience then me. I have a feeling that being a test knitter for Knit Picks is a demanding job. I love my completely non-stressful sample knitting for Woolgirl. I've been having a lot of fun knitting up these samples.

I finished sock #1 of my moms cable socks.

Dsc04570

This yarn color is rather tough to get a good photo of.



Dsc04574



The cables show much better in person then they do in the photos.

Rogue is showing some progress.

Dsc04566

I'm up to about 12 inches now.



Dsc04567



Won't be too much longer before I'm splitting for the front and back.

I have a dishcloth on the needles.

Dsc04610

This one is The Squidge Cloth pattern. I'm using Sugar 'n Cream. The color (swimming pool) is more blue but the flash keeps washing out the colors. The yarn is making a cool zig zag pattern.

I've been making baby socks for a friend.

Dsc04614

The other green sock is on the needles right now and will be finished in no time at all. It takes me a little less then 2 hours to make one of these tiny things. Baby socks are addicting. From right to left: Wiggle Socks using Online Supersocke 100 Cotton, generic k2, p2 ribbed socks using Regia sock yarn, and Owen's Socks using Knit Picks Felici. I think after the green sock is done I will send them off to warm the tootsies of their recipient. I don't want to go overboard.



Did you all hear my squeal Saturday afternoon? I received a flier in the mail from WEBS and 4found out that the Cascade 220 is going to be on sale for both April and May.....Wooot! I'll be able to get some for Shawn's sweater and maybe some for me too. I was bummed when I thought I was going to miss out on the sale. Who can pass up Cascade 220 for $4.89 a skein???



Bree's test went well. She was a brave little girl and didn't fight at all. Course we also had three great techs helping and they were wonderful to Bree. It looks like she doesn't have acid reflux. The docs are going over all the x-rays and we'll be discussing things with our doc later this week or next.



9 comments:

  1. So glad to hear about Bree. Good news, indeed. You've been busy, indeed. I know a gal from blogland who test knits for KP. They are sending her stuff all the time. She does mainly fair isle sweaters for them. You're right to pass it up. Lot's of pressure. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear good news for Bree.
    Thanks for the heads up on the sale on the Cascade! Did you hear ME squeal??!!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, lots of stuff! I need to post the monkey socks- finally finished
    hhmmm no acid reflux? is that good or bad?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great deal on webs, right? I couldn't resist and ordered some yarn too. Like I have time, right? Since I am one of KPs guinea pigs :) Oink. I have fun though, but you are right, it takes some time out of your personal knitting time and you can't really blog about it, which makes my blog somewhat boring at times. But that's ok for me, because I don't usually wear much of my hand knits anyway. It's the knitting I'm after, not the endproduct so much, since I don't get to keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they find something for Bree that's easy to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to hear Bree is doing well. :)
    And those are just too cute baby socks.
    Can't wait to see more of Rogue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had a hard time keeping up with my blog, too. And I've been going back to Webs' website a zillion times trying to decide on what colors of Cascade 220 I'm going to order - you're right - that's too good of a deal to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job on Mom's socks!
    Glad to hear Bree is okay. Its tough having to sit by and be helpless when they're sick.
    ACK!! The sale sounds great, but I have to start saving for trip in June.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad everything went well with Bree. What a good girl to take that so well!
    Cute baby socks! I can see why they are addicting!

    ReplyDelete