Apr 24, 2008

Lotta Yarn, Not Much Knitting!

There hasn't been a whole lot of knitting going on, though there seems to be a lot of stuff coming in. That's shouldn't be shocking to anyone though.

The only knitting I've done since my last post.

Dsc04725

I started a bag. The pattern is Everlasting Bagstopper from Summer 07 Knitty. I'm making a few mods. I've change the top of the bag so I can knit the straps instead of sewing on straps and I think I'm going to leave off the cinch strap. I'm using a cone of Peaches & Creme, color Flair.

Now on to the acquisitions! First up is some SWTC Twize that I purchased from WEBS.

Dsc04717

It was on sale. I haven't 100% decided on a pattern but most likely it will become a dress for Bree.

Lorna's Lace Shepherd Sock, color Poppy.

Dsc04720

I won this from Knittech's blog contest! I think I may have just the pattern for this.

Oh look, cute toddler.

Dsc04723

Thought you might need distraction from the yarn. Did it work?

My order from Woolgirl.

Dsc04728

I missed out on the Yarntini fingering weight yarn but there was still some sports weight left. The Mimosa was calling my name. The colors remind me of the Popsicles I use to eat when I was a kid. Who am I kidding, I still eat them. As always, Jen include some goodies, a Soak sample and the most yummiest smelling bath salts.

My Knit Picks order came in too.

Dsc04732

It's just a few skeins of Comfy to swatch and test. I wanted to see how it knit up, washed, etc. What better way then to knit a bunch of swatches. Fun, fun, fun.

I promise this is all of the yarn torture for awhile. I have to pay for my sock/yarn clubs this month so that kills most of my yarn budget. The only thing I'm ordering this payday is some Cascade 220 for Shawn's sweater and it's going  to be a boring Charcoal Grey. I tried to talk him into pink and purple but he said no way. I am thrilled that he picked a yummy cabley sweater though.



My order from Dog Lover's Yarn is still floating in the mail but I'm not worried since it's coming in from Canada. I know that mail generally takes a little longer when it has to go through customs.



I just got an email from Hide and Sheep stating that they were mailing out my stitch markers. I didn't realize that they had opened up their own website in conjunction with their etsy site until a few days ago. Your items are customizable when you purchase from their website whereas the stuff on etsy is already pre-made so you get what is listed. They don't seem to be listing as much stuff on Etsy. I can't say enough good things about their stuff.



6 comments:

  1. I love Hide and Sheep markers! I'm glad they have enough business to open their own site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good yarn, great pic of Bree! She is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing you're not flashing your yarn for a while... don't think the keyboard can take much more!
    Cute Bree!!!! Smooshies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you knit up with the poppy. Bree is getting big.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think cables look amazing in gray.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is cute - but I still notice all the yarn coming in! :)

    ReplyDelete