Apr 10, 2008

Drowing in Sock Yarn

Hello, my name is Trish and I'm addicted to sock yarn. There's enough yarn to knit 96 pair of adult size socks and there are 14 single skeins that were purchased to make socks for Kaity and Bree.

Dsc04645

I'm sure that some of you think I'm crazy while others will completely understand me. I love my stash and in no way feel guilty about it. My family does not starve because of my stash. None of my stash has ever been purchased on a credit card. I'm lucky enough to have a monthly stash budget that I can use as I see fit. I also feel that I'm generous with my stash and am always willing to pass some on to a friend in need or to brighten someones day. If ever I need money my stash will be there to sell. I see it as an investment while others see it as hording.



There are so many fabulous indie dyers out there that I can't help but add to my stash. Of course I'm stashing faster then I'm knitting but I'm OK with that. There's enough yarn here I could bury Bree in it.



Now on to knitting. I haven't been doing much since my last post. My sinuses have been killing me to the point that my head hurt so badly yesterday that I crawled into bed at 8pm when the girls went to bed.



I finished the third panel to my Cable Comfort Throw.



Dsc04641



I was about halfway through the third panel when I put it up so it didn't take long to finish it. I've started the fourth panel. There's still a fifth panel and all the seaming before it's completed.



I finished the dishcloth.



Dsc04616





For the life of me I can not get this stupid blue to photograph correctly. I give up. Go to Lily's website to see the true color. The color is Swimming Pool and the pattern is Squidge Cloth. It's going to be my new "go to" dishcloth pattern.



I started a pair of fingerless mitts for my mom.



Dsc04637





I'm using the 220 Fingerless Mitts (rav link) and Patons Decor. My fingers were discolored when I finished knitting so I need to do a color test before knitting the second mitt. I want to make sure these mitts aren't going to bleed all over everything.



I also finished the other baby sock and they will go out in the mail tomorrow to warm some baby tootsies. I'm just about through the Beehive section of my Bee Fields shawl. I'll take some pics when we have sunshine again.



I'll leave you all with a pic of Bree rockin' her cabled dress I made her. She loves it and the Cascade 220 Superwash is very durable!



Dscn2207



This was taken awhile back at Kaity's b-day party. I'd post a pic from Kaity's b-day but all of them have other peoples kids in them and I will not post without permission.



11 comments:

  1. LOL - that's definitely a lot of sock yarn! Good for you for being proud of it. (Oh yeah, love the new blog design, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouch for you! You've totally shared with me!
    Bree is so cute. the dress looks awesome
    (just printed out the squidge cloth- I need a quickie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your lovely stash! Your knitting projects are inspirational...and Bree is just plain adorable. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stash! No need to feel guilty. Stash on!
    Very cute picture of Bree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that dress is excellent! she looks adorable and happy in it . . who could ask for more?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 96 pairs? You should have them done next week. :)
    Bree looks so cute in that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my sock yarn stash too. Even if I never get around to knitting up all of it I love it dearly and get great pleasure in looking at and fondling it. Some people collect things just to look at and nobody finds that strange. So I think that it's just as acceptable to collect sock yarn as, say, salt and pepper shakers or thimbles or what have you. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I hardly ever wear makeup so I have enough money to indulge my sock love. Enjoy yours too!
    (By the way, I sell hand-dyed sock yarn too... not that I would like to be enabling you or anything. LOL)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally feel the same way about my stash. :)
    In the last year I'm pretty sure mine has tripled or more in size. Oh well, what can I say, I loves me the yarny goodness. :)
    Your comfort throw is gonna be soooo awesome. I can't wait to see how big it is when you are done.
    Bree is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't feel bad. I figured out that if I could knit a pair per month, I have enough skeins of sock yarn to last the next 8 years or so. Will I stop buying? No way!!! Too many pretty yarns out there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least you aknowledge that you are addicted. That's the first step :). I love the way Bree smiles into the camera. She's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As there is talk of the country falling into recession I am happy to see that you are doing your best to slimulate the economy by continuing to purchase yarn. Keep up the good work!
    Love Bree's smile.

    ReplyDelete