Dec 26, 2007

Busy Days!

It's been a busy time in the Luvs2Knit home. Between getting ready for Christmas, Christmas day itself, and knitting, we've all been busy. I'm sure most, if not all of you have probably been busy too.

We had a great Christmas here. Everyone loved their gifts and the girls had a lot of fun.

Here's one of their favorites.

Dsc03598

This one was from my parents. There is still one more little house to connect but the tree is in the way. The tree is coming down today so the girls will have more room.

Bree loves crawling through all the tunnels.

Dsc03595

Both girls played in it for almost two hours before dinner and neither really wanted to stop to eat dinner.

The girls got me sock yarn.

Dsc03581

I got a skein of TOFUtsies and two skeins of Laines Du Nord Baby Star. The Baby Star is really soft. I may get some more later for the girls.

Shawn got me a pair of shearling boots!

Dsc03588

Well, actually Shawn got me a gift card and I used part of it to buy my boots on sale at Overstock...I love Overstock.com. These boots are super warm and fuzzy....love them! When the boots came in I gave them to Shawn to wrap and put under the tree.

Now on to the knitting I've been doing.

Dsc03600

Kaity's sweater is not far from being done. Just as I suspected, I ran out of variegated yarn so I had to start the hood in a solid purple. I think it's going to turn out fine. I'm planning on attaching a little pouch to the front of the sweater to bring it all together. I should have this done before the end of the weekend so this will probably be my last FO of 2007.

I started a pair of socks last night with some of the yarn the girls got me for Christmas.

Dsc03604

There isn't much to the sock right now, just the completion of a 2x2 ribbed cuff. I'm going to use the Garter Rib pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks.



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! Your boots are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the dark purple really makes the sweater pop! Pockets will be a plus also. Kiddo's look happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the dark purple on the sweater. It really pops! The kiddo's look happy with their present.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaity's sweater looks cute! the purple is fun.
    and lookit all your sock yarn, yummy!
    glad you had a Very Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything that manages to keep 2 little girls happy playing together for 2 hrs is a good thing! Love the sweater .... and the sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete