Dec 18, 2007

Updates

I have a lot of things to talk about today.

First up, I received two books in the mail.

Dsc03462

The first one is 101 Designer One Skein Wonders. I've already found tons of things to add to my queue. The second book is my prize from the Fall Cable KAL, Cables Vol 1: The Basics. The Cables book is awesome. I do believe that Janet Szabo is a cable genius. If you love Cabley Goodness go check out her site.

I made a pair of socks for Kaity.

Dsc03476

Simple sock pattern (my own). I used Opal 6 ply, color 1712. These were a really fast knit (3 days). I still have 100g of the 150g ball. I'm going to make a pair for Bree here in the next few days.

Last night I started a pair of wrist warmers for my mom.

Dsc03497

I'm using Irish Hiking Wrist Warmers pattern. These are knit flat and seamed up when your finished. I doubt these will take me very long to make. I'm already halfway through the first wrister. I'm using Knit Picks Andean Silk, color Chocolate. I really like this yarn and I'd definitely splurge on some for a sweater.

I've also finished a few dishcloths but I'm not going to post them out here. If you're on Ravelry and want to see them they're in my notebook. My user name is luvs2knit.

Today we're going to head into town to finish up some shopping. I'm making a stop at the yarn shop and may find something. I'm looking for some Lambs Pride worsted but can't remember if they carry it or not.



5 comments:

  1. I still say you're the fastest sock knitter ever! And I love KP Andean Silk - it's so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one prolific knitter! I am going to investigate the cable book. It looks great, and she's from Montana! Thanks for the link. Let me know what you think of it. Have fun shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhh the cable book looks neat.. I'll have to check it out!
    Kaity's socks are too cute! When you make Bree's get a pic of them wearing matching socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love knitting books. But then I just feel like there's more to knit and not enough time!

    ReplyDelete