Dec 28, 2007

Spin Me Right Round....

Did you all hear me squeal with joy this afternoon? No, well I'm surprised. Shawn brought home my new ball winder.

Dsc03612

There are absolutely no regrets on this purchase. Shawn put the ball winder on layaway for me when he took Kaity Christmas shopping for me at our LYS. It's made by Nancy's Knit Knacks.

I actually had to force myself not to play with the ball winder all day and get some housework completed. Now that's willpower.

I finished the first Garter Rib Sock.

Dsc03609

I'm going to dub these my "Can't Get Lost in Fog" Socks, though I think Garter Rib socks is probably easier to say. They are super bright but I love them.

Tomorrow we're heading down to Helena to do a little Costco shopping. Shoot, who am I kidding, we'll be doing more then just a little shopping at Costco. I'm betting it will be between $200-250. If it's less then that I'll be surprised. Since that's a decent drive I'll be able to get some knitting done. Not sure what I'll take. I may start Kaity's mittens or a hat for Shawn.

I've decided to pick a New Years Resolution I can probably keep. I'm going with learning how to spin. Colleen sent me the stuff to get me started for my birthday and I think it's about time that I use it and get this whole spinning thing figured out. I found out there is a spinning guild hear and they are suppose to be offering a free drop spindle class in Feb. If I can't figure it out on my own I'm going to head over to this class. I'm determined so I'll figure it out....I'm stubborn like that.

Now I'll leave you with this pic.

Dsc03620

Mess, what mess mama....there's no mess here.



7 comments:

  1. That is, without a doubt, the coolest ball winder I have ever seen. Beats my old plastic one. Does it just sit on a table or do you have to screw it to the side of a table? Good for you for learning to spin. I would love to learn to dye my own yarn. Maybe someday. Have a good trip to Helena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that's what I call a ball winder! yuppers, so cool. (I was wondering who that squee was from)
    good luck at Cosco... get the bucket of mixed nuts too. yummy!
    Bree is SO.CUTE! love the crazy hair!
    and you are totally learning to spin if I have to ship myself out there to help! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like all of you got some new toys to play with. That winder is cool. I've never seen a wooden one. I have a winder and a twister, but both are plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a superb awesome ball winder!!!! I am so totally jealous!
    Good luck with the spinning - I learned how to use the drop spindle and toyed with the idea of getting a wheel, but I just don't want to take time away from knitting right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ball winder is awesome!! You'll enjoy spinning. I know I did. I was going to purchase a wheel, but decided against it. Mostly because it would cut into valuable knitting time. Printtech (the youngest) will start spinning lessons on Saturday.
    That's not a mess Mommy, we can still see the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! A ballwinder is the GREATEST thing ever!!!! Seriously. And yours is so nice. Glad you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smiling toddler surrounded by toys? That's a perfect picture.

    ReplyDelete