Dec 5, 2007

Lots of Updates

Is it just me, or my titles lacking in creativity. Oh well, better luck next time. I have a lot of things to put in this post so it's a little picture heavy.....sorry, dial-up user! Don't mean to slow you down.

A few questions before I continue on with my post. Does anyone who reads this blog use dial-up internet service? Am I a horrible person because I decided not to send out Christmas Cards this year? Anyone else out there not sending Christmas Cards. Just curious!





Were to start, oh yeah, FOs.











I finished up Kaity's Forest Canopy Shawl.





Dsc03344



I'm going to try very hard to get it blocked either today or tomorrow. This is my special gift for her for Christmas. Believe it or not I'll probably be making one more of these shawls as a gift. This time in a yummy Malabrigo worsted. I'm going to be my moms knitting hands, she's going to be the yarn purchaser. Sounds like a great deal to me.



I also started and finished a crocheted cloth yesterday. It's folded in half for the photo.



Dsc03375









I was in the mood for a little crochet and found the link to this cloth out at Lion Brands website. It's called the Almond Back Loop Stitch Washcloth. I kept crocheting until I ran out of yarn so mine is a lot bigger then a washcloth. It's almost the perfect size for a hand towel. I think I'm going to use up some of the cotton I have on cones to make a few more of these. Super easy and super fast.



Sheldon is moving right along.



Dsc03377









He now has all 4 legs and I started his shell last night. I have the tails of yarn tucked into each foot so they won't tangle into a hopeless mess. I'll probably try to finish him up before the end of the weekend.



My mom's sock is coming along nicely.



Dsc03381









I'm over halfway through the heel flap. It won't be too much longer before these are in the mail on their way to my moms feet.



Finally, an addition to my stash.



Dsc03361









I picked this yarn up for Kaity. The Opal 6 ply was bought on sale from Little Knits. The one on the left is #1712, Lollipop and the one on the right is #1715, Tutti Fruitti. The Regia is from another Ravelry destash. I have a small amount of this yarn left in my stash from the very first fingering weight socks I made Kaity. I want to make her some more since she loves the socks so much.



I'm suppose to be eliminating my stash and so far I've
made one pair of socks and bought enough yarn to make somewhere around 4-5 pair of socks. I'm
losing my campaign which is not bothering me one bit. How in the world
can you pass up on sales for stuff you've been wanting?



Wow, I think I'm finally to the end. Time to go put a few more rows on Sheldon's shell before Bree wakes up.



4 comments:

  1. I have yet to send out Christmas cards and don't feel bad about it at all.
    Kaity's shawl looks great, can't wait to see it blocked- and Shedon looks like he's coming along well too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only send out a few cards. I wrote down who send me cards last year, and sent them cards this year. That probably sounds awful... I just sometimes get frustrated when I give and give and people don't appreciate it. So, I am focusing on people who care enough to care back. Does that make sense? ha ha...
    You have some great WIP's! I love Sheldon already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only send out a few cards, mainly because I'm against paying so much for a stamp! :-)
    I'm getting the sense from this post that the Ravelry ISO/Destash Group is bad for you - do we need to do an intervention?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shawl looks great. I bet Kaity will love it.
    I haven't done my cards yet. I only do a few anyway.

    ReplyDelete