Dec 6, 2007

Sheldon is Done!

Sheldon is finished. I didn't attach his shell using icord because it was causing me to think longly for a big glass of Capt and Coke. Since it's not socially acceptable or responsible to be drinking booze at 9 in the morning, I opted to save my sanity for sewing his shell together.

Dsc03388


Now I'm going to tuck him away because he's a gift for Bree for Christmas.

Dsc03394


Stats:

Pattern: Sheldon the Turtle from the Winter 2006 Knitty issue.
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport in colors River and Sky. Used less then one of each 50g skein.
Needles: 3mm for the body and legs and 3.5mm for his shell.
Mods: Sheldon's shell has been sewn together.



I found someone on Ravelry who was destashing some books and nabbed Miss Bea's Rainy Day which I've been searching for weeks for. Seems the book is out of print, go figure and the only copies I could find were people selling their copies for $32-50. I don't think so. Sheesh! So I got my for $13 which included shipping. I love Ravelry!



8 comments:

  1. Awww, too cute - Bree will love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Sheldon. I didn't do the i-cord on mine either. I rather crochet the shell together. He looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love him in blue! So Cute. Wish I could whip one up really quick for my youngest....not...enough...time...grrr

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so nice to see sheldon done! That is way to cute, and I'm sure Bree will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheldon is soo cute. I'll need to make one for the baby bird.
    Maybe I'll need to get on Raverly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheldon rocks!!!
    how do you find all these things on Ravelry... I can't get past the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Sheldon came out so flippin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My gosh - this must be the cutest turtle that I've seen for long! What a fantastic idea for a gift!

    ReplyDelete