Dec 19, 2007

Yarn, Socks, & More

Looks like todays post is going to be another long picture filled post.

I went to the LYS to pay on my layaway. Look what jumped into my hand.

Dsc03502

Brown Sheep Lambs Pride worsted. They had the brown I was looking for and I decided to get purple for Kaity's new mittens. There were a few more skeins of yarn that wanted to jump into my hands but I resisted and told them to stay and someone would give them a good home. The shop has been moved around and reorganized which made for a much more pleasant shopping experience.

I also found some cute fleece at Wal-Mart.

Dsc03499

I'm going to use this for backing to make Bree a blankie. She loves Tigger, who is not always easy to find on clothing and fabric.



While we were over in the craft section at wally world I noticed they had tons of Peaches & Creme on the cone. Not just the 2-3 colors they normally keep but lots more colors....colors I'd love to get. I've never seen that much variety from Wal-Mart. I'm not sure if it was a screw up in ordering or if they've decided to keep that much in stock but I hope it last till next payday. If so I'll pick up a few cones.

I received this book in the mail yesterday.

Dsc03501

It's Miss Bea's Rainy Day. I've already queue several things for Bree. I think I'm going to start with the Thinking Dress first. I bought this from a fellow Ravelry user who was destashing some of her books.

Next up, I received my order from WEBS in the mail yesterday.

Dsc03505

I used what was left of my gift card to purchase yarn to make Shawn some hats and a helmet liner. The yarn I purchased is Valley Yarns Northampton, colors: Dark Navy, Dark Grey, and Black. I want to see how it compares to Cascade 220 since Northampton is $4.99 for 247 yards and the cheapest I can get Cascade 220 is $6.50. I also bought the Olive Branch Yoga Hoodie pattern (not pictured).

I received my order from The Loopy Ewe in the mail yesterday.

Dsc03518

I bought a skein of Dream in Color, color Ruby River. I'm going to use it to make Marie Antoinette. Gorgeous socks, yummy yarn, should be a great combo.

Also in my TLE order was one of the little sheep they are selling. I decided to get the black one this time. He's sitting up on my monitor now.



Dsc03514



How can you pass up something that cute?

I started a pair of socks for Bree last night.

Dsc03520

Tiny feet make for a quick knit. I need to finish up the heel and foot on the second sock, which won't take long.

I'm expecting my box from JoAnn's today. Surprise surprise it actually shipped. Come to find out (from the third person I talked too) that there was an item I ordered that was out of stock. The lady deleted the out of stock item and what do ya know, it shipped. Why couldn't one of the first two people I talked to have done that? There's an hour and a half of my life I can't get back wasted being on hold.

I'm also expecting a few things small things to come in soon that will go into posts as they come in.



6 comments:

  1. Has the yarn taken over your new closet or do you actually knit that fast? LOL I look at your purchases and think....hmm...if I knitted as much as I order, I would be good. Not going to happen. Thinking about joining Yarn-buyers Anonymous. I could never knit everything I buy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree's sock is just too cute!
    Girl, you gotta get yourself under control, you're just crazy shopping for yarn! Gonna need a 2nd house if you keep going at this rate! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! Reading your post is like going shopping with you. You are one awesome internet shopper!! I love Lamb's Pride. Beautiful stitch definition. Second, I have two cones of Peaches and Creme that I will never use. You can have them if you like. One is Fiesta and the other is Bubblegum. Can I just stick them in with the Cascade dk green? I am also very anxious to know how you like the Northhampton. I have been so tempted. I love the Marie Antoinette pattern. And Bree's socks are so cute. You are definitely on one heckuva roll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I give some advice on the Northampton? I used it for a sweater. It's very similar to 220, btw. It felts better, so it's super easy to spit splice. No ends to weave in! Also, I had to use my ball winder and reball of the yarn I bought. It kept coming out of their ball all tangled and clumpy. It wasn't good for tension, let me tell ya.
    Otherwise, I loved it. I got the same blue color as you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great yarn! I love Bree's new socks... cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our Walmart here is starting to phase out their crafts section, so I heard. I need to stock up before they close it out, since they next yarn store for me is at least an hour drive away and that includes Joanns, AC Moore and Michaels too.

    ReplyDelete