Dec 10, 2007

Not Much Going On

This isn't much going on knit wise for me. I knit the shoulders of Kaity's sweater, did something really stupid and ended up having to rip it out. I restarted it, but I was so mad at myself that I set it aside for a timeout.

I decided to make myself knee highs and since I'm not a masochistic I'm using worsted weight yarn.


Dsc03396


I'm using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted, color Lakeview. I had wound this yarn up months ago with the intentions of started a new skirt for Kaity but the skirt never happened and I've claimed the yarn as my own.

Here's a shot of the decreases.


Dsc03398


The decreases are simple, just k2tog on one side of the marker and ssk on the other side of the marker. I generated the pattern using Sock Wizard for Mac. The pattern fits great. The only thing I'd do different is knit the ribbing on smaller needles to make it a little more snug at the top. The sock's fit is still more then snug enough that it won't be falling down when it's on my leg.



Incidentally Knitting Software also has Mitten wizard and Hat wizard that look pretty cool. Not to bad a deal at $7.75 each. I may get one to try out.



It has occurred to me that I've past my Blog's one year anniversary, which was the 7th of Dec. I'll post more tomorrow about my Blogiversary Contest. I'm to tired to think about it right now.



It's snowing here today....oh joy!



3 comments:

  1. Happy belated blogiversary! And thanks for the tips on the knitting software - I wasn't familiar with those. I've decided that after Christmas knitting I'm making myself a few pair of mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogiversary! Whoot!
    the sock looks neat and I bet its gonna be so soft & squishy!
    sock wizard and all new software need to wait till we get a new pc- doh!

    ReplyDelete