Dec 31, 2007

Last Post of 2007

As most of you may have noticed, I'm in the process of changing the blog around a little bit. I've cut out a lot of stuff I had out here and added new WIP bars. These bars link back to Ravelry so if you don't have an account with them you wouldn't be able to view my notebook. I'm still in the process of working on the bars but they are presentable.



Let me know what you think of the blog. Is there anything that is bothersome? All suggestions will be welcomed.



I finished my moms fingerless mitts yesterday.

Dsc03651

I used the Irish Wrist Warmers pattern and Knit Picks Andean Silk yarn. It took about 60g. I knit them on size US7 needles. The only mod was leaving off the ribbing at the top. I think it made the wrist warmer to snug at the top of the hand. I still need to wash and block them before sending them to my mom.

I also worked on my knee high socks but didn't bother with a pic since it's just a few extra inches on the leg. I have 10 or so more rows before starting the heel flap. I could probably finish these before Midnight to make them my final project of 2007.

Shoot, I almost forgot....I started Kaity's mittens the other day while we were heading down to Helena.

Dsc03624

Mitten number 1 was started and finished on 29 Dec. I'm using the smallest size which is for 6" hand circumference. It fits Kaity's hand perfectly.



Mittens are a wonderful instant gratification knit. I'm using the Elegant and Easy Cable Mittens for the Family from the book 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders. I'm using Lambs Pride Worsted, color: Amethyst (M-62) and US4/3.5mm bamboo dpns. The only mod I've made was to use a left twist cable instead of a right twist cable for no other reason then personal preference. I like working right twist cables over left twists.





Have a safe and Happy New Year! See you all on in 2008!



3 comments:

  1. HOw do you like the 101 book? The mittens look cute.
    Have a Happy, Healthy, Knitty New Year (you and family!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I've got a lot of mittens planned for 2008 - and I love the Ravelry progress bars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you! The mitts came out awesome.

    ReplyDelete