Dec 13, 2007

Long Post

Might as well warn everyone now, this is a long post filled with pictures.

I've accomplished a bit of knitting since my last post...the post before the contest post, that is.

Lets show a little leg here.

Dsc03436

I finished one of the knee socks I'm making and I love it. Very comfy and very soft. How could you go wrong with a yarn like Lorna's Lace worsted...Yum! 215 yards was more then enough to get a knee high sock out of. I'll probably be able to squeeze a pair of shorter socks out of one skein without a problem. I love knee socks but there is no way I'd make these for myself in fingering weight yarn. Watch, now that I've said that I'll end up starting a pair.

I finished my moms socks.

Dsc03451

I'm going to wash them today and send them off to my mom here in the next few days. Thank goodness for USPS online shipping labels and carrier pickups. Printing shipping labels online + carrier pick up = happy Trish not waiting in crazy lines at the post office. This time of year is always crazy at the post office.



Now that my moms socks are finished I need to start a pair for Kaity. She's home from school today. She has sore stomach muscles and is extremely tired from coughing all night long. The cough meds only helped a little bit.



I received a pile of yarn in the mail the other day.

Dsc03429

My mom used yarn as packing material to keep the Christmas ornaments, that she had bought the girls, from breaking. Don't you wish everyone used yarn for packing material? I'd much rather have a few skeins of yarn over a whole lot of bubble wrap. Although I still like the starch packing peanuts that some companies use. I love watching them melt away in hot water. Yes, I'm easily amused!





I also finished a dishcloth and started a tribble. I haven't made tribbles before but they look like fun. I'll post pics of those in another post.



I also placed an order from WEBS to use up the last of a gift card. There was a problem with the order but I called them up this morning and they fixed it right away. The lady I talked to was super friendly! WEBS scored high points on my Customer Service list.



JoAnn's on the other hand is at the bottom of the list and I will probably never order from them again. I placed an order 10 days ago for a few skeins of yarn, a kids craft kit and 1 yard of fabric. It still hasn't shipped. I called on Monday and was told by the lady I talked to that my box was going to ship on Monday. She was friendly but she lied....probably to get me off the phone. Guess what? The box didn't ship out on Monday, or Tuesday, or Wednesday. I called Wednesday afternoon and managed to get the rudest person on the face of the planet. She made snarky comments with each question she answered. I started to ask her one last question and the *fill in the blank with your favorite word* hung up on me. *sigh*, at least I'm not alone. There are a lot of people who have had problems with JoAnn's customer service....if you can call it that.



The tree is up, lit, and decorated.

Dsc03441

Admittedly it's been up for several weeks now and the lights have been on it but we couldn't seem to find a good time to decorate it. We finally made time the other night. We went with simple this year and put up the ornaments but left off all the glass balls....simple, but nice.

I'll leave you with a pic of Bree.

Dsc03443

She was trying to scare her Daddy. She would peek around me and say Boo. Shawn snapped a pic of her in mid-Boo.



6 comments:

  1. Yarn as packing material - I love it! Why is it I never think of the obvious? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the packing material! very clever.
    the socks look awesome... I bet you will fly through the 2nd so you can wear them.
    Kaity looks so tall and Bree is a riot! thanks for sharing those pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 favorite things in your post... yarn, Christmas Tree, and KIDS... Awesome.
    Your socks *rock* girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think using yarn as packing material is an excellent idea. I wonder if we can get Sheri at LE to pack her yarn with more yarn? I so agree about JoAnn's. Never again! All I wanted was so Paton's SWS. Cute of Bree. This is going to be a great Christmas for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shoot, I'd probably keep the packing material and forget about the presents!

    ReplyDelete