Jan 19, 2008

Almost Normal Again

Things are finally getting back to normal around here. Kaity is feeling better and after a nap and a good nights sleep I'm feeling more alive then dead. I have a few things to share with with everyone. I just looked out the window and it's snowing again.

Bree's Thinking Dress:

Dsc03816

Here's a close up shot of the cables.

Dsc03814

This dress is amazingly simple in design. I'm going to make more of these for Bree this summer. Since this uses less then 400 yards of yarn I can try some other brands of yarn without breaking the bank. The front half of the dress is completed now. I finished the other night while Kaity was sick. I've cast on for the back of the dress but only made it about 20 rows in before I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. The back is stockinette stitch so those 110 rows are going to be kinda boring.

I received some yarn in the mail yesterday.

Dsc03817

I won this off eBay. It's by KimiK. It's superwash BFL sock yarn, 520 yards. The yarn is a really nice mix of reds, oranges, yellow with a hint of pink. It's much nicer in person. I can never photograph reds very well. Red sends my camera into fits of craziness.

My mom knit Bree a sweater.

Dsc03829

It's super cute and Bree loves it....can't ya tell! It's made with some NoBo yarn that has little nubs of colorful yarn and it's really soft & fuzzy. NoBo was Wal*Mart's brand of yarn. They had their own brand for awhile but they stopped carrying it for some reason or another. It's been "Bree Approved". She's been rubbing it all day. You wouldn't figure that a sweater this light and fluffy would be so warm but it is.



For now I'm going to focus on finishing up the socks I've been working on, Bree's dress, and a pair of leg warmers for Bree. Her pants rid up when we carry her which exposes her little legs to the cold.



6 comments:

  1. the dress is gonna be rockin cute! can't wait!
    and the pic of her in the new sweater is a riot! such a silly girl- its just great that she loves the sweater so much
    I'm glad Kaity is better and you got some sleep- now its my turn for a cold. bleh, stuffy nose sore throat- damm pre-k's gave me their cooties again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project pics. The cables are beautiful, you did a really good job!
    I love Bree's new sweater - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Bree definitely looks super happy in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bree looks very happy with her new sweater. Grandma has more knitting to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those braids look really great. I love them. You seem to have a thing for green lately?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sweater is very nice in the green. Love how happy she is in that sweater by your mom!

    ReplyDelete