Jan 1, 2008

Stroll Through 2007

My Knitting FO's for 2007:

13 pair of full size socks, some were for my mom and sis
9 pair of socks for the kiddos
24 Dishcloths....that's a lot of dishcloths
1 Hand Towel, admittedly I'm not a fan of making them
2 skirts for Kaity, Hip in Hemp and the Tulip Skirt
2 Bunny Blankies
1 Janet Lace Shawl for my mom
4 Baby Washcloths for my nephew
1 Girls Sundress for Kaity
1 Toddler Sundress for Bree
1 Baby Halter Top (Katja from Knitty) for Bree
2 Baby Hats for charity using my own pattern
3 Pair of Fingerless Mitts
1 Ribs and Lace Tank for my sis (Interweave Knits)
2 Forest Canopy Shawl, one for me and one for Kaity
1 Pair of Mittens for Kaity
1 Toddler Sweater for Bree
1 Child's Toy (Sheldon from Knitty) for Bree
2 Potholders using my own pattern



I think that's a good amount of finished projects. Feel free to take a stroll down my 2007 FO Memory Lane (slideshow).

2007 was a busy year for the luvs2knit household. We fought with doctors over Bree's small size and low weight which as most of you know turned out to be caused by her acid reflux. She's now a happy 21lbs at 17 months.



We PCS'd (Permanent Change of Station) to Montana. This caused a bit of heartache because we were forced to give up our cat Skitz to a shelter. We also moved farther away from family.



The stress of the move was compounded when we found out it was going to be over a month before our house would be available and lodging wanting us to stay for said month in a one bedroom TLF unit....like we'd ever do that. Lets just say that the lodging office here did not impress me one bit.



After we took the keys to our new place things started looking better and the stress started to leave. Until we started opening the boxes from our move and reliving the nightmare that was called "The Packing Company from Hell".



Here's hoping to a quieter year in 2008.



I leave you with the first FO of 2008.



Dsc03655



I finished my knee socks 20 minutes after midnight. This would have been a 2007 FO if I wouldn't have taken a Tostido's break. Darn them tortilla chips and salsa!



4 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful recap of 2007. Congrats on all the FO's. Wow! Isn't it amazing how we all survive despite the ups and downs of life? Here's hoping your 2008 is filled with more Fo's and the joy of watching your little ones grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you were busy in 2007! I don't know how you found time to knit with everything else going on in your life! Have a great 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome recap! I should do that too... or maybe just hire you to recap me- lol!
    Here's hoping 2008 will be Knitty, Spinny, Healthy and settled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice recap. Great looking socks!

    ReplyDelete