Jan 15, 2008

New Updates

I've been busy since my last post...not that's new news to you all. I did finally score a skein of Wollmeise in TLE's update last night. I also bought some BFL roving, and a tape measure for my knitting bag. The Wollmeise sold out in like 30 minutes. I think that may be the fastest selling yarn at TLE.

Now on to updates, I know you all want to see them.

I made really good progress on my simple socks.

Dsc03752

I really like this yarn and at a later time I'll probably order more from her Etsy store. The colors are gorgeous.

Next up, Zeus' new toy.

Dsc03749

Toy poodle + small sharp teeth = quickly killed stuffed toys. I knit this in about an hour. It's just a simple little football shaped toy made with some leftover acrylic, stuffed with fiberfill and a squeaker. When Zeus kills his toys I pull the little squeaky things out of them to save for a new homemade toy. He loves the stupid toy and hasn't stopped playing with it since I gave it too him.

I'm making Bree a pair of socks.

Dsc03758

These are the baby monkey socks.

Dsc03763

Everyone, all together now "aaaaah". These socks are so cute. I'm using some leftover DIC Smooshy.

I'm also making Kaity a pair of Monkey Socks.

Dsc03764

I'm using the original Knitty pattern but I'm using thinner yarn on size 1 needles so the smaller gauge has given me the small sock I needed for Kaity's foot. The yarn is TOFUtsies, color #729.

I received a few new books in the mail.

Dsc03761

They all seem to be good books. Baby Knits is the one I like the best. It's full of cute knits for little ones. There are several patterns out of Scottish Highland Knits I want to make. I bought Knitting New Scarves because I figured some of the patterns in there would be something that Kaity would love. There's only one or two scarves in the book I'd actually knit for myself.

That's it for now. Time to go get the little monkey out of bed. I can hear her up there bouncing around in her crib.



8 comments:

  1. Congrats on scoring the Wollmeise! I completely slept through the Sneak Up (not that I needed any more yarn)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on scoring some Wollmeise! The green mini sock for Bree is just super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for getting the Wollmeise. I stayed off the computer for one hour only, and missed the entire thing. I'm still kicking myself. I am so tempted to just order the stuff from Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. baby monkey socks!!!! that's great!
    I need to stay away from the sneakups... must knit from stash for a while. I'll just live through your stash!
    the scottish highlands knit looks neat, what sorta stuff is in there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are the cutest baby socks I've seen in a long time.
    I can't believe you snagged some Wollmeise! I really missed it when I logged on 2 hours after she put it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also missed the Woolmeise. Please let us know if it's worth all the hype. I contacted the Woolmeise woman in Germany and although the yarn is about $10 cheaper per skein, the shipping could cost $15-$20. Not having seen the stuff, I don't know if I can place an order large enough to make it worthwhile. I assume you're name is in for TLE sock club. I've got my fingers crossed, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those socks are so cute .... and your daughter makes them even cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eek. I'd be worried that if I gave a knitted toy to my dog, she'd start going after the rest of my knitting.

    ReplyDelete