Jan 17, 2008

Long Night

Kaity woke up around 10:30pm sick to her stomach so I'm up for the whole night. Poor kid! I hate having to stay up all night but on the bright side I always get a lot of knitting done....nothing better to do in between Kaity's naps. I'm sure I'll have a nice WIP update in a day or two since it's already 1:40am and I am almost finished with the front half of Bree's Thinking Dress....what wonderful cabley goodness!

I received my package from TLE.

Dsc03785

I bought one skein of Wollmeise, color Lowenzahn. The base yarn feels different then any other superwash merino I've felt. The colors are gorgeous, yummy greens with hints of yellow. I can't wait to find the perfect pattern for this yarn!



The fiber is 4oz of BFL dyed by Sakina Needles, color Callow Lily. I'm collecting fiber but haven't quite figured out how to spin. Not that I'm worried about figuring it out. I'm determined, I'll figure it out.



I also bought a cute little heart tape measure for my knitting bag. I'm hoping for a coffee mug when they are in stock again and I read tonight in the Loopy Groupie Ravelry discussion board that Sheri and the rest of the TLE gang are putting the stuff together for t-shirts. I may be suckered tempted into buying one.



This whole package makes staying up all night easier to take. For a pick me up I can always go into the stash room and pet my new yarn and fiber.



6 comments:

  1. That's what I do when I need a little kick in the arse. Sorry to hear Kaity is sick, but little ones seem to bounce back quicker than us old folks. I am soooooooo green with envy over that skein of Wollmeise. I'm going to have to start reading the forum on LE on Ravelry more often. Coffee mugs and T-shirts sound good to me. Hope Kaity is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor Kaity! hope she feels better soon.
    TLE stuff looks great- lovin that fiber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - collecting fiber now? Actually, that's a good idea - who knows what I've missed out on because I don't spin (yet)!
    Tell Kaity to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Kaity. Hope she feels better soon. That gren is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try to get a good nap in today. Maybe cuddle up with that lovely roving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic package. I love the Wollmeise.

    ReplyDelete