Jan 22, 2008

New Socks

I actually had to open up my last post to see what I had posted about. I couldn't for the life of me remember. The weather here has been wicked cold....perfect knitting weather. Seriously, the other night when I went to bed it was -24 F outside....brrrrrrrrr! It's warmed up to a whole 3 degrees so far and with the lovely weather forecast of more snow and with the wind we have that means blowing snow. At least I get to stay indoors today.

Now on to the knitting I've been working on.

I started some legwarmies for Bree.

Dsc03830

I'm using the Opal 6-ply leftover from the girls socks. I'm knitting them both at the same time to ensure they're the same length.

I finished my simple socks.

Dsc03846

They are soft and comfy. I'm curious to see how well they wear since they are 100% Merino.

I started another pair of socks for me.

Dsc03861

These are Marie Antoinette by KnitSpot. Anne is a pure knitting genius. These socks are awesome. The pattern is complex but not so much that it makes me want to rip my hair out. I started these Sunday evening and I haven't been able to put them down.
I did start them on double pointed needles but have now swapped over to my 32" circular needle since the gusset decreases are complete. I couldn't take knitting with the DPNs anymore.

Shawn was gracious enough to sit still so I could get a pic of him in his new hat.

Dsc03836

He stated the other day that he will be more then happy to accept more hats. Apparently the hat kept his head plenty warm.

I also worked a few rows on the back half of Bree's dress but didn't think it warranted a pic. That would be a rather boring picture.

Well I'm off to do some cleaning so I can have my afternoon free to knit.



11 comments:

  1. ooohh Shawn is a cutie! more pics please! :) (bet he will love that)
    you are a crazy sock knittin fool- I can't get over how fast you crank them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, wonderful knitting. I have been tempted to buy the Marie Antoinette pattern. I love all of Anne's patterns. It's colder the snot here, too. Poor Milo can hardly stand to go outside because his feet freeze. Oh well, a warm up is on the way.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you knitting the Opal left overs on the longer KP needles? Or are you able to magic loop with the 32"?
    The Marie Antoinette socks are gonna be to die for. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of babies in leg warmers. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool sock pattern! I think I'm headed off to my queue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love that colorway from Opal. Knitting them like this is a great idea. That last sentence sure sounded so familiar :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh beautiful marie's! i love the colorway . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to purchase the Marie Antoinette pattern, but I have size 6 feet and I'm afraid the socks will be too big because they only come in one size. Would you mind telling me how many stitches around for the leg. Maybe I could adjust the needle size to make them smaller. By the way, I got into TLE sock club!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Marie Antoinette socks are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great to have willing recipients to your lovely knits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trish, you are a knitting MACHINE! And always awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete