Jan 17, 2008

Sock Kick

I think I'm going through a sock phase right now. All I've wanted to knit is socks, socks, and more socks.

I finished the first Monkey sock for Kaity.

Dsc03774

It fits perfect though I had to do a little tweaking to get the sock to fit her right. I cast on the 64 sts like the pattern says. I'm knitting with a thin yarn and smaller needs so the 64 sts works out great for the leg. I ended up decreasing 6 stitches before starting the heel flap. If I wouldn't have done this the sock would have been too floppy on Kaity's feet.

Here's the progress on sock #2 of my Simple Socks.

Dsc03779

I've started the gusset decreases since this photo and almost have them completed. I doubt these will take long to finish.



I'll probably work on my sock this afternoon and maybe get back to knitting on Bree's Thinking Dress.



5 comments:

  1. I was just talking with some friends today about making another pair of Monkeys! These next ones will be for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaity's monkey's look great!
    I can't wait to see Bree's Thinking Dress- cuteness overload!
    (ps still no word from Loopy Ewe- don't think I got in. waahh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Socks are crack. I don't know what else to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For you and so many, all it is IS socks socks socks! I like the yarns you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sock knitting is awesome! Keep cranking them out. :)

    ReplyDelete