Jan 4, 2008

Itty Bitty FOs

With all the wind and cold here I made a hat and almost mittens for Bree. Not that you would realize it's winter here after the last few days it's been in the 40s and 50's but never fear winters coming back this weekend. Crazy weather. I'm going to apologize for the craptastic pictures in advance. It's windy out today.

Here's the mittens.

Dsc03679

I used this pattern as a guide but didn't follow it to a T.

And the hat.

Dsc03682

I used the Toasty Topper pattern from the Winter 07 issue of Knitty. I think I may have messed up a little on the short rows but the hat is wearable and there isn't any holes. I need to hunt for better resources. The mittens and hat were knit using Cascade 220 wool. 

Here's a shot of the lucky recipient.

Dsc03689

This hat is not coming off. It fits snuggly, plus throw on those mittens and she can't smack it off her head. Ha, score one for me: Bree 0, Mommy 1!



Bree had to get her second flu shot today. Last year things were messed up and she never received a second shot so this year we had to split the flu shot up again. Next year she'll get one shot. She's not really fussy but she refused to take a nap which is going to me a mega crabby child later this evening.



Tonight I think I'll work on my other Garter Rib sock and possibly cast on for Shawn's hat.



7 comments:

  1. LOL - That picture of Bree is adorable!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree looks really excited to have that hat on. It looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect idea to immobilize those little hands. I bet she'll stay warm like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha- can't smack it off her head?? so funny
    can't stand the cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know who is cuter. Bree or the hubby hunkered down trying to hide behind her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks totally adorable in everything you knit for her!

    ReplyDelete