Jan 12, 2008

I'm Back

I can't believe it's been five days since my last post. In the last post was about some socks in progress. Well, I've finished both pairs of socks and have moved on to some other stuff.

I finished up the Garter Rib socks yesterday.

Dsc03733

This is the best pic I could get. For some reason these socks just do not want to be photographed. The pattern, garter rib socks from Sensational Knitted Socks, was easy and kept things interesting enough that the socks went quickly.

Kaity's ankle socks

Dsc03703

I finished these up the other day. They are a simple ankle pattern generated using Sock Wizard for Mac. I used the leftover pink Cascade 220. I still have about 35 grams of the Cascade left. I rolled it into a ball and put it up. I'm tired of working with the pink yarn. I'm going to start having nightmares about pink Cascade 220.

I started and finished a dishcloth.

Dsc03716

This was a fun pattern to knit. It's the Petal Dishcloth pattern. I read about it on NH knitting Mama's blog and thought it looked like a fun pattern. If you don't mind weaving in a lot of ends, swapping colors is pretty cool.

Shawn has a hat now!



Dsc03722

I finished this one for him the other night. It's the Seaman's Cap pattern. Now if only the weather would get cold enough for him to wear it. I used Valley Yarns Northampton. I really enjoyed working with this yarn. It has a nice feel and you can't beat the price either. I think this is the yarn I'm going to buy for Shawn's sweater.

I started a new pair of socks for myself yesterday.



Dsc03741

I'm making a pair of very simple socks using some yarn that I tried to make my first pair of socks with. The sock came out too big and I ripped it out....this was of course after getting over halfway through the first sock. The yarn has been lingering in my stash since then. You can see the old sock here. The yarn is Handspun and Dyed Too merino sock yarn, color Temptation.





I started a new dress for Bree.









Dsc03743

I'm using the Thinking Dress pattern from Miss Bea's Rainy Day. It isn't very far because I haven't been feeling well these last two days. Body aches and a sore throat are keeping me from concentrating. Plus I now need to knit from the chart and I can't see it because it's so tiny. Shawn scanned it in and is going to enlarge it for me so I can follow along easier. Tiny charts make my eyes cross.



I'm finished with the updates. I promise to post a little more frequently. Things have been busy here this week. I actually had a post planned for yesterday but I was feeling so miserable that I decided to wait.



Things are quiet here right now. Kaity and Shawn are over on the other side of base selling Girl Scout cookies because someone has already hit every house in our area. Poor kid looked so bummed when they came back to get the car. The goal she set for herself is 150 boxes but I doubt she will come anywhere close to that.



I'm off to enjoy some quiet before they get back.



7 comments:

  1. I"m glad to hear you liked the Valley Yarns Northampton. I just bought enough of that for the Central Park Hoodie. YAY!
    I hope you feel better soon. It is certainly going around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Have you ever been getting the knitting in. Good for you. Everything looks great. Hope you are feeling better. We had a GS at our door today, too. A young girl and her mom from our subdivision. She, too, was told to sell 150 boxes. That's a bit much, if you ask me. Of course, I put in an order for thing mints. I love those things. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh if you were close by, I'l totally buy GS coolies from Kaity!
    all the knits look exceptional as always. sorry to hear you're not feeling well.. is it the weather? or getting a cold?
    and I think if you didn't put that pick yarn away, I was going to take it away from you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like the Petal Cloth. Yours looks awesome, too! FUN!
    Thanks for linking the hat pattern. I'm on a major hat kick here.
    Many nice knits on this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you've been too busy with all your knitting to think about blogging! I hope you get to feeling better - I'd prescribe an Rx of Thin Mints Girl Scout Cookies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Petal Cloth. I made one using all the left over cotton I had.
    I really didn't need to hear about Shawn's Seaman... ;]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice FOs! I have to snicker since I hardly ever post within 5 days!

    ReplyDelete