Jan 27, 2008

Thinking Dress - Done!

I finally finished Bree's Thinking Dress.



Front of Dress



Dsc03885


Back of Dress



Dsc03888



Close up of Button



Dsc03887









Would you believe she was sick when I took this pic?



Dsc03895



Bree lookin' cute in her dress. She's happy, I'm happy!



Dsc03896

















All in all, I really liked this pattern. Next time I'll work this in the round till I get to the underarms. Working it in the round might also keep the stockinette back from being so monotonous. Since the cables are worked on the right side the only thing I'll need to rework is the stitches on each side of the cables. I think Cottontots would work well. I think I have enough Knit Picks Shine worsted too. It takes less then 400 yards of worsted weight cotton for all sizes.



I was extremely excited to find out that Cascade is going to be putting out hand dyed yarn in their Superwash yarn.....Squeeee! I emailed Yarn Country and they said they will be carrying it and should have it in some time in Feb or March. Yarn Country is my favorite place to buy Cascade yarns. They carry pretty much every color of Cascade 220 at a great price.



Last night I noticed that Knit Picks now has 40" and 47" cables in the Classic Fixed Circs. I'll be buying a few of those for Magic Looping two socks at a time. The 32" cables are just to short for two socks, IMO. Shawn's getting a new iPod so I'm ordering some stuff from Knit Picks. I think it's a fair trade.



Well I'm off to see the wizard get Bree up from her nap. She's up there bouncing in her crib right now. She's starting to get over her head cold and has more energy now.



10 comments:

  1. Cute dress!! And such a darling model. Hand-dyed Cascade Superwash? I'll be watching for that. I, too, love Cascade and Yarn Country. Thanks forvthe tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO.CUTE.MUST.KISS!!!!
    OMG she looks awesome in the dress!
    thanks for the heads up on yarn country... gonna check them out now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out to be such a cute dress on her. Yeah, she looks really sick ;). We all feel better when the kids feel better. Let's just hope you didn't catch any of it. Being sick is not in a mom's job description.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so cute. Great job on the fit! Glad to hear she's doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New iPod versus Knit Picks order - yeah, I think that's fair! I'm ordering some of the longer circulars, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bree looks so cute in her new dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bree looks so cute in her new dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how that dress came out. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that turned out perfect! I might need to do one for Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Dress is awesome but the little girl wearing it hello so cute!!!! Hope you are feeling better.Hugs Darcy

    ReplyDelete