Jan 25, 2008

Updates

The weather here is crazy. We've been freezing our rear ends and now the forecast is predicting that its suppose to be in the 40s (Fahrenheit) then after Sunday its suppose to drop waaaaay below freezing again. Between Sat and Sun our snow should be gone.

I finished Bree's baby monkey socks.

Dsc03862

I used some leftover Dream in Color Smooshy. These were a fun and quick knit. There are several versions of the baby monkey sock pattern out there. I used this one.

I finished the back of Bree's Thinking Dress.

Dsc03877

This will look a lot better in the next pic I take. I need to block it today so I can finish the edging and seam it all together. What fun I shall have!

Kaity's Monkey socks are coming along nicely.

Dsc03881

Bree's legwarmies are at about 4 inches. 2 inches to go before starting the ribbing again.

Dsc03882

I finally decided on a sweater pattern to use for my sweater. I'm going with Twist....provided I can get gauge.

Dsc03873

Here's the swatch that I made last night, taking a swim in some Soak. The swatch has finished it's bath and is currently pinned out to dry. Yes, I made a real swatch. Thought I was never going to finish too! Stockinette can get real boring and I swatched with two different needle sizes. Thankfully this sweater is full of little cables which should keep me plenty happy.



Time to stop goofing off and get some housework done. I think I'll save Laundry Mountain for tomorrows fun.



8 comments:

  1. Bree is on a Lime Green kick? baby monkies So.Cute.
    I bet Kaity cannot wait for her Monkeys!
    we have had crazed weather too... warm in the 50's then next day wind chill below 0. my body just cannot get adjusted, so I've been cold all the time and wearing hats in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A swatch? What's that?
    The baby monkeys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I feel like a jerk because it's in the 40's here. And I'm complaining about how cold it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've been busy! Love Bree's monkey socks. Nice that she was still enough for a quick picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those monkeys are just too cute on Bree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo...So Cute!
    Baby monkey sock ROCK!
    Also chack out my knitting blog too see what to think ..if have a time! Also leave tyour comment too!
    Thanks~
    Charles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you have Laundry Mountain at your house, too? ha ha...

    ReplyDelete