Oct 24, 2007

A Knitters Meetup and the Loot

***Warning: long post with lots of pictures!



Yesterday I was lucky enough to be able to meet up with a fellow knitter, Debbie who also lives here in Montana. Oh it was so wonderful to sit down and discuss knitting with another knitter. Sorry no pics, I was so excited to be meeting up with Debbie that I forgot the camera....bad bad blogger!



We met up at Barnes & Noble since Shawn would probably kill me if I came home with more yarn, not because I'd be coming home with more yarn but because it's getting close to Christmas time so the extra money needs to be set aside these next few paydays for Christmas shopping. I did come home with a few things though.

Dscn2067


I picked up the Holiday 07 issue of Interweave Knits. There are several super cute things I would love to make out of there, specially that Ski Sweater....Yum! I even love the colors they used. I think I may be able to sub it with a Knit Picks yarn.....must do more research. I need to try my hand at a smaller colorwork knitting project before I dive into a sweater. I also picked up another Debbie Bliss baby book. Who can resist all those cute photos? The other thing is a book mark for me. I've vowed to start reading every night before I go to bed. It's been months since I picked up a book that wasn't full of knitting patterns.





I have the back and two front pieces done on the Baby Kimono for Bree.



Dscn2071



I have the sleeves started but still have several inches and a lot of increases to do before I'm done. It shouldn't take long.



So I am knitting, but I haven't started a new pair of socks yet. I'm still bouncing back and forth between some Cherry Tree Hill Supersock and my Smooshy sock. Plus I really need to finish up a few projects before I start another one. The biggest project to finish is the Cabled Baby blanket.



Bree has a new place to play.



Dscn2078



We had bounced around the idea of getting a big baby gate so that Bree could have the living room to play in. The gate was going to cost well over $100....ouch! We came across this play yard. We were sold after seeing the price ($49 with free shipping) and the reviews which were mostly excellent.



Dscn2079



This play yard gives her tons of room plus it's much safer for her to play here because it is 100% baby proof. There is no way I could get my living room completely baby proof. The bonus is that Bree loves her new spot and will sit in there with her toys and play for quite some time.



The yarn room is set up.



Shot #1:



Dscn2073



Drawers one and two are being used for my sock yarn. The third drawer is holding all my worsted weight wool and the fourth drawer is holding my single balls of yarn and my lace weight yarn.



Shot #2:



Dscn2074









I now have plenty of room for my yarn. Up above the books is where my swift and ball winder sit. The shelf under the books is all my cotton yarns. I need to run out to Michaels so I can browse through their baskets. I want to get one to hold all the dishcloth cotton. Next to the shelf I have a small 4 drawer bin that use to sit next to my chair. That may move out to sit next to my chair when I get the last of the boxes unpacked. Next to that is a 6 drawer bin that holds my color cards, acrylic yarns, etc.



Well I'm outta here for now. It's almost time for Bree to get up and I have a few things to get done.



7 comments:

  1. Looks like you're super organized - excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to meet a local knitter! Love the yarn room - that makes me want to go reorganize my space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a good time meeting your fellow blogger/knitter. I just love the Holiday Interweave. Tons of projects. Your kimono is looking good, too. Can't wait to see it on Bree. Your yarn room is awesome. Isn't it fun to just have your own space?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you, all organised, kid under control, just great. I just picked up the Holiday issue yesterday too. It's great, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lotta room for Bree. Good to know she gets to have tons of fun and is in a safe place. And gosh you're super organized. I want more yarn space too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby jail. I've forgotten.
    The yarn room looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a fun meetup! I don't believe that this is ALL of your yarn!

    ReplyDelete