Oct 29, 2007

Monday Updates

I haven't been doing a lot of knitting here lately. So much for Socktoberfest, all I've managed to do is knit one pair of socks the whole month.



I did finish up the sleeves on Bree's Kimono.

Dscn2091


Look at all those pieces. Now I need to block it and seam all the pieces together. Oh joyous fun! I'll do that some time this week, unless the "Seaming Fairy" comes to visit and takes care of it for me.

I also worked on the Cabled Baby Blanket.

Dscn2089


Everyone all at the same time "Ooooooh, aaaaaaah". The photos aren't overwhelmingly fascinating but the blanket is coming along nicely and is pretty cute! I need to get it finished, so this will be what I'm knitting on until it's finished. That makes for boring blogging so I probably won't post much until it's finished. I don't think it's going to take long if I'm knitting on it exclusively.

I've also decided to join The Sock Stash Elimination Campaign. While organizing all my stash, I decided that my sock yarn stash was getting a little crazy. Before I seen this out on Nell's blog, I'd already decided that my sock yarn stash needs to be culled down a little bit. The link helped me commit.

Check this neat little thing out.

Dscn2093


And another shot.

Dscn2094


My mom sent this to me quite some time ago. Its a small swift of some kind. She had gotten it from a lady that she was taking care of. The only thing it says is that it's made in Sweden. I wanted to show you all but it ended up being put away and I forgot about it. Shawn found it in a box this weekend.



I'm off to find some breakfast so I'll be ready to hop on the bike when Kaity leaves for school. I'm trying to squeeze in exercise time any chance I get.



Happy Knitting!



7 comments:

  1. I like that swift. Who makes it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ick - seaming. After my weekend project, I don't envy you. Cool swift - and - Sheri will be oh so disappointed if you're not buying sock yarn for a while! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ordered a swift, but the table/floor kind with the crossed over bars instead. I never needed one before, since all my yarn came in nice little balls instead of skeins. But now it was time to get one. I'll post a pic, once I get if in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm failing on Socktoberfest too. Oh well!
    Thank goodness for whoever invented a swift. That's a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
  5. tsk tsk tsk! All that sock yarn and only one pair of socks?! :)
    Cute swift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool swift!
    is the blanket really that lime green?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute swift. And yeah the green baby blanket is lookin' good. Hmm I may need to look into that sock stash campaign.

    ReplyDelete