Oct 26, 2007

Forest Canopy, She is a Blockin'

This is photos of The Forest Canopy Shawl that I finished while we were staying in TLF.







I think it came out great. There was one small error that I found when I blocked the shawl.







There it is on the right side column of yarn overs....one yarn over went AWOL. Don't ask me how in the world I ended up missing a yarn over. It appears as if it got lost some how. Either way it's the only mistake and I love, love, love the shawl. It's so warm even though it is so holey.



I've been fairly busy these past few days. I'll have more updates and hopefully some good shots of the shawl by the end of the weekend.



On payday I'm finally going to order some of the worsted weight Malabrigo that everyone's been telling me I must try. I getting this color to make a scarf and hat for myself. I'm making the Koolhaas out of Interweave Knits Holiday 07 issue, pg 32.....though I know most of you have the mag and know exactly what I'm talking about. Who else out there total drools over Jared's designs (ok and a wee bit over Jared too)? I haven't decided on a scarf yet.  I may just go with a simple ribbing. Shoot I may go with something cabley. I'm craving cables and green yarn.

Blogged with Flock



8 comments:

  1. Forest Canopy turned out just terrific!!! Geez, it's lovely. Can I ask again what yarn you used? Did you knit it larger that what the pattern called for? Nice, nice job. If I remember correctly, it wasn't a tough knit. Do you get to keep it or is it going to be gifted? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow it looks GREAT! I really should get my act together and knit this one for myself.
    I love Jared too! I think I have a Mommy crush on him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shawl. It's so great and trust me, only really picky people are going to look and find that missing YO. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! No one will ever notice the AWOL YO. (And Koolhaas was the first thing I queued out of the Holiday IK, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! No one but you will ever notice that mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! And aren't we picky when we get done! LOL I don't think anyone is going to notice that.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the colorway you used. :)

    ReplyDelete