Oct 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

I know, I know....this post is a wee bit late. This evening was quite busy.

Kaity went as a witch.

Dscn2097_2


I was rather surprised to see that she wanted to go as a witch. Normally she picks out something Princessy. Next year I'm going to make her costume. It's so much easier to customize to her size. I should have my sewing machine set up by that time.

Here's her pumpkin.

Dscn2100


We used a glow stick because it was way to windy to try to keep a candle lit. When I asked why the pic was blurry I was told "Doesn't that look cool!" Who am I to argue.

I finished the Cabled Baby blankie tonight.

Dscn2101


I kept it on the smaller side so it can be used in a car seat or stroller. I'll give it a bath tomorrow and probably ship it out here in the next week or so. The blanket unblocked is coming out about 25" wide x 28" long. I'll remeasure after it's been blocked tomorrow. I used almost 2 skeins of Cascade 220 superwash. I love this yarn and would use it again.

Well I'm outta here. I need to hop on over to Ravelry and try to find a dog sweater pattern for Zeus. I may just have to wing it since he's small and skinny.



9 comments:

  1. Kaity looks so cute in her costume. We only had 6 kids last night. But that's more than we ever got in Wisconsin. The blanket is terrific. I will be anxious to know the post blocking size with Cascade Superwash. Got some for an afghan I want to knit, along with a million other projects. Glad everyone is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, very scary, Kaity! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaity looked very cute for a witch. Maybe she was a princess witch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww she's soooo cute! I can remember back in the day I'd always go as a witch. heheh.
    And dang it, you're done with the baby blanket. You're too fast! :) Mine is still sitting in the queue, floating around as an UFO. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. she looks so cute! that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. kaity is the cutest witch I ever saw! That smile is too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute little witch. Hope she had a good halloween and got lots of treats.

    ReplyDelete