Oct 3, 2007

Much Better Start

I frogged the Mad Color Weave socks and tried a simple ribbed sock. I'll try the Mad Color Weave socks again with a different yarn.

Dscn1967


I think this looks so much better. It's pretty simple but I love the way the yarn is swirling. Here's hoping I can get the second sock to do the same thing.
I really like the way this yarn feels. It's Yarn Pirate's Merino/Tencel blend. It's so soft. The only problem I had was when I was winding it. The stupid ball slipped off the ball winder twice while I was winding it. This could have been caused by the slickness of the yarn or the fact that I was using two chairs for a swift which is not very easy since chairs do not spin like my swift does.



Poor Bree is cutting teeth again and they are the wider ones in the back of the mouth. She fussed off and on all night long. She managed to cut two teeth before I figured it out. In my defense, she cut those two while she had her head cold so I figured her fussiness was because of her head cold. So now she's working on teeth 11 and 12.



We sign for the keys to the house tomorrow. I'm planning on heading over there for a good once over inspection of my own to make sure nothing was missed and to note any damage that may have been missed by housing. While I'm there I'm planning on getting a bunch of pics.



If anyone that has my mailing address, wants/needs my new address leave me a comment or shoot me an email and I'll send it to you.



Breakfast is here, gotta go. Happy knitting everyone!



4 comments:

  1. I'd love the new address, if you don't mind. Glad all is progressing so nicely. So sorry for Bree. Phil would get so sick cutting teeth. Ah, childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the new sock pattern looks so much better... can't wait till you finish (so I can decide waht to do)
    Poor Bree... those teeth make them crazy! Hope she feels better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww poor lil' kido. :(
    Yippee for getting the keys, :)
    The sock is looking good. :)
    And yeah, shoot me your new addy if you feel up to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot better. Good luck on the new house.

    ReplyDelete