Oct 6, 2007

Updates & Yarn

I couldn't resist the lure of the baby blanket. Sorry no pics, the camera's at the house and I'm at TLF. I had the yarn and it was killing me not to cast on so cast on I did. I have the border and 4 pattern repeats on. I think I'll need to put on about 28 repeats so I still have a lot to go. The pattern is super easy so I've been taking it in the car with me. Once it gets a little bigger I'll leave it at home.



The border on the baby blanket is garter stitch and 15 rows of garter stitch gets really boring. There is no way I could make a 60 or so inch long scarf in garter stitch. I do like the Cascade 220 superwash. As far as price goes it's about $3 more per 220 yards to go with Cascade over Knit Picks but the color choices for Cascades superwash is way better then you can get with Knit Picks. I've also seen a lot of complaints about KPs Swish which is why I chose to go with Cascade.



I have some Swish in my stash that I'm going to knit up a bunch of swatches and test them out side by side with the Cascade superwash. I'm going to have some left over from this blanket. I want to see how they both fair. I'll post a full report here on the blog. It probably won't be for a few weeks though.



While we were out and about today, I stopped at Michaels to get a few skeins of Paton's SWS.



Dscn2019



I'll probably use it to make a scarf for Kaity. I picked up 3 skeins, 330 yds. The color is Natural Geranium.



I also picked up a skein of Cottontots.



Dscn2020





The pic is a wee bit washed out. The color is Wonder Dreams. I'll either use it to make a bib(s) or I'll make another bunny tether blanket, like the one I made awhile back for my nephew.



I helped a couple of Ravelry members destash. I have some Cascade 220 Wool coming to me. I got 6 skeins of purple (#7808) and 3 skeins of pink (#7805) which are destined to become sweaters for both my girls and probably some hats and mittens. It doesn't bother me to hand wash stuff.



1 comment:

  1. Talk about boring garter stitches. Remember my last blue shawl? Those 15 rows will be done in no time.

    ReplyDelete