Oct 1, 2007

Yummy Yarn & A Dishcloth

Talk about a load off my shoulders. My Yarn Pirate Booty Club shipment made it in.

Dscn1948_3


This is some gorgeous stuff and well worth the wait! There was a mix up and my box wasn't mailed, no biggie. I emailed Georgia on Sunday and she sent my package out last Monday.



Silly me, I was expecting to see the package before the weekend. Wrong! Apparently 2-5 day Priority mail means nothing to the USPS. It took 4 days to travel from Washington (the state) to Billings, MT and then another 2 days to travel from Billings to Great Falls. We're only few hours from Billings.....talk about slow moving mail. Wonder how long it'll take to get my package from Yarn Country?

I finished up my Granite dishcloths. I wanted to work one in solid and variegated to photograph.



Dscn1944_3





I still need to block them and get a better photo. The pattern should be available in the "Free Pattern" section here soon.



I've learned a few things since getting here.



1. There are a lot of friendly people in the area.



2. I've come to the conclusion that there are quite a few crazy drivers in Great Falls. And here I thought Boise drivers were bad....wrong again! I'll pick driving in Boise over Great Falls any day. I shudder to think of what it will be like after winter sets in and there's snow and ice on the roads. Someone please remind me again why we didn't push for orders down south? Oh yeah, that's right, humidity, tornadoes and hurricanes....silly me!



3. The water here is not very pleasant tasting. To be frank it tastes like slightly filter river water. I'm not sure if thats the area or just here on base. The bottled water will be back in our house soon.



On the bright side we've found some of the best tasting bread in all the land, Wheat Montana. I could sing odes to this bread. We are a bread loving family and I come from a long line of bread lovers so finding a good bread is important.



Happy Knitting!



7 comments:

  1. The Yarn Pirate yarn is GORGEOUS! What will you make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my good friends moved to Florida. Her first hurricane season they got hit with all 4 hurricanes that came thru Florida. I'd settle for Montana over that anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the Booty Club goodies arrived. it is gorgeous. I totally agree about finding a good bread. We finally found some at a local bakery, but it is so expensive. Watch those drivers. Not so here in Cody. The cops give tickets left and right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that pirate yarn is lovely. Can't wait to see what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BREAD!!!! I "heart" bread! maybe a bit too much.

    ReplyDelete