Oct 21, 2007

No Knitting, but a Question!

Somehow I managed to not knit one single stitch Sunday. Admittedly it was mostly due to the fact Bree was not feeling quite like herself and was a tad clingy. I don't know about you all but there is no way that I could knit with my 15 month old daughter sitting in my lap. She seems to be doing fine now but I'm still going to make an appointment with the doc. She's almost out of Prevacid plus I want to meet the pediatrician.



My only knitting content to this post is that I set up the yarn closet today....Yippy! So I have full access to my yarn and books. Woohoo Baby!



I'm blogging because I have a question to ask you all. It's non-knitting related. I'll get to the question in a second, I need to give a little background first.

So anyway, I was standing in the kitchen, listening to my iPod Mini, while getting the roast ready for the crockpot, dancing....badly I might add....I can't dance! Period! See I feel close enough to you all to admit that I can't dance. I got to thinking about the music I listen to and thought I'd ask you all this, Do you listen to just one type of music, ie Country, Oldies, R&B, Heavy Metal, etc or do you have an eclectic taste in music?



Yes, I have an iPod Mini....I have that exact green Mini in the link. The damn thing is like the energizer bunny, it keeps going and going. I've had it for around 3 years now and it's still going strong. Shoot it's a collectors item now. I'm holding out for the new iPod Nano (in Red) but haven't upgraded because the Mini is still working great. *sigh* If only I was a little less sensible.



My iPod has over 400 songs on it right now. Now most people who've looked at my playlist think I'm absolutely crazy.....which is fine with me! Who am I to quibble with someone over my craziness. I know I'm crazy, wait do crazy people know and admit they are crazy?...something to ponder.



I have Elvis, AC/DC, Metallic, Rascal Flatts, Dolly Pardon, The Temptations, Steve Miller Band, Ozzy and so on and so on. I also set my iPod to shuffle and let it go so I'll be listening to heavy metal one minute and country the next. Am I the only one who does this?



I have to ask, does anyone else smile when they hear "Don't Worry Be Happy"? I get completely relaxed and the stress just melts away when I listen to Enya. She has such a beautiful voice.



There are songs that bring back memories. Anytime I hear oldies I think of my dad and the complaints that were emitted from mine and my siblings mouths every time we rode in the car with dad....he always changed the channel! Classic country like Conway Twitty and George Jones make me think of my grandparent. My Grandpa loved The Corvette Song by George Jones.



I'm a child of the 80's so I have flashbacks of my childhood every time I here songs by The Bangles, Bon Jovi, Quiet Riot, Madonna, Whitesnake, etc. Ah, the memories of childhood. Though I think I'd rather forget about the clothes I wore. Ack, what was I thinking! Plus I think that all the hairspray I put in my hair may have made the hole in the ozone bigger.



"Have a lovely day", says the crazy person sitting behind the computer at 1:30am listening to Everyday by Buddy Holly after listening to Maria Maria by Santana, when she should be in bed sleeping.....6:15 am is going to be here real soon!



11 comments:

  1. Wish I could help, but I grew up on Elvis, the Beatles and Peter, Paul, and Mary. If I had an Ipod it would be loaded with oldies. Yesterday, I did watch a Big Bad Voodoo Daddy concert on HDNET, and it was terrific. That would be on there, too. Also, Broadway show tunes. My Dad loved that stuff, and I was raised on it. Oh dear, I just showed my age, didn't I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in the 80's too and I sure like that music. Unfortunately I don't have a radio hooked up in my house (husband!) and the one in my car is shot. Go figure. I should change that, since I love music and love to sing (especially in the bathroom). Now enjoy your knitting closet and maybe take a nap to catch up on sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have an iPod, but my Sansa e250 has an unusual selection of tunes on it as well. A lot of praise and worship music, both instrumental and with vocals, and then a mix by Amy Grant, Jim Brickman, Barry Manilow, Blake Lewis (American Idol), Bread, Bryan White (country), Celine Dion, Chicago (lots of Chicago), Collin Raye, The Corrs, The Cranberries, Clay Aiken, Dan Hill, Debbie Gibson, The Eagles, Kelly Clarkson, Martina McBride, Michael W. Smith, Neil Sedaka, Suzy Bogguss, and Trisha Yearwood. About the only category I don't have is hard rock, but I've got some milder tunes like Vehicle by Ides of March.
    Fun topic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love 80's! But if I did have an Ipod it would be a mix of 80's & 90's.. I love classical music but clean the kitchen to rock & metal. I think most people like a mix of music I even LOVE traditional Irish music, but cannot listen to too much country- go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My music is totally random too. But I like it. Keeps things fresh.
    I want a new nano too. And my mini refuses to die. Maybe next year when I have a job again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope she's feeling better soon. Pishaw amateur - my iPod has close to 19,000 songs on it! I love listening to almost everything although I'm not a country music or hair band fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got about 20 Gigs (yes 2-0 GIGS) of music, I'd have more but we don't have news groups anymore. I've got classical, celtic, industrial, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and current. I've got a PDA which I use to listen to the MP3's. About every two weeks I swap out the tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe, I like your music picks. :) I don't really listen to music with my mp3 player, I try to keep up with podcasts or listen to audio books. I'm pretty boring lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have an iPod, but when I want something on it, I have to ask Big Daddy. It takes me a LONG TIME to understand the inner workings of gadgets like that.
    I love 80's music, and I smile when I hear don't worry be happy, too. My Dad sings it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. IT'S A BOY! Does that count? LOL I knew you were wondering! Now I am buying, knitting, going crazy to do "over" the girl stuff and add the boy stuff! My daughter was addiment that she was having a girl.....when the doctor said it's a boy, she said "are you shi**ing me?" Oh my gosh! I was so embarrassed! Gotta love em....I'm just glad it appears very healthy and growing daily! LOL Take care mf :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope Bree is feeling better soon. Nothing worse than a sick little one.
    I listen to a lot of Aerosmith. Top 40 stuff is played to death so I get tired of it pretty quick. Never listen to country or opera. I love 80's music and some rap. I can't dance a bit but that really doesn't stop me. Really what will people do point and laugh? Like that hasn't happened to me before?

    ReplyDelete