Oct 12, 2007

Yarn, Moving Rants and Socks

Wow, what a combo in that title. How mad would you all be if you opened a box and seen this:

Dscn2027


Yup, the stuff was just thrown in. There was no paper stuffed in the box to prevent shifting or the box from crushing in. This box is full of software, video games, and movies. Most of the stuff isn't that big of a deal but the idiots put my Nintendo games in there without securing them. The games are cartridges and can easily be damaged if packed incorrectly. We haven't come across any broken stuff in boxes yet but we haven't unpacked everything yet.



We've found chunks of wood missing out of dressers and desks and the couch has a big cut in it from someones razer blade. This is the reason why I have crappy furniture. I long for the day of retirement so I can start replacing the beat up furniture with nice stuff. Unfortunately I'll have to do it one room at a time but I'm looking forward to it.



To top it all off my washer was messed up in shipment. The front panel was smacked and the circuit card was damaged. Thankfully I have the extended warranty through Sears so it's 100% covered, which is a good thing because between parts and labor it's going to cost over $400.....ouch!

To sooth over the madness of the poorly packed box...yarn!!



Dscn2031





Dscn2033





I got the boxes filled with Pink and Purple Cascade 220 wool. Kaity has already laid claim to the purple for a sweater. I'm thinking about making her this sweater.

Today we broke down and purchase Sirius satellite radio for our car. The radio stations in this area aren't all that great. I've found one country station I like but I have to have something to listen to besides country.



Here's a shot of the Butternut socks.



Dscn2035



I think they are striping pretty close. They are off a little but hey what do you expect. I didn't write down where in the color repeat that I started the first sock so I had to guess. I only had to rip out the cuff once. I'm about 10 rows from starting the heel flap.



8 comments:

  1. Drats! Can't the moving company pay for some of the damage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. effing packers and movers! wtf? thank God the washer is under warranty... I'd be screaming my head off at the moving company.
    But- NICE 220!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, can you come back on the moving company for the crappy job? Ours did just the opposite. They were being payed by the pound, so the stuffed paper anywhere they could. We are still finding it. Do love the Cascade 220. Yeah for extended warranties. I remember how beat up our stuff was after moving. Good furniture just ruined. We have Xm radio. Just couldn't handle the stations here. Hope everything else is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'd be very upset to find that a company I hired to pack/move me didn't do their job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What crappy movers! We've always done it ourselves. Can you get reimbursed by the moving company at all?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm I'd be really pissed off too. Games aren't cheap.
    At least you are able to soothe the madness with lovely yarn, yippee! And yay for getting the stripes to match. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving always gives you those great little "surprises." And sometimes, they just keep giving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take that moving company to claims and make sure you get it all done right. I hope that when they are done with them, they won't get another moving job for the military. That is not cool. That's why I hate moving and I've been back and forth between Germany and here 4 times in 17 years. 8 duty stations! It's not so much fun anymore and surely not with surprises like this.
    I'm glad your yarn made up for the crappy packing job those guys did.

    ReplyDelete