Sep 14, 2007

Help, Help, Help

Ok everyone, I need a little help.  Awhile back I had decided on a simple cabled baby blanket pattern an had decided that I was going with Knit Pick's Swish Superwash.  Now I'm finding all sorts of people that hate Swish because it pills very badly.  I don't want that so I'm in search of something else.

Anyone have a great recommendation for yarn that is machine wash & dryable?  Remember that I do have a budget so Debbie Bliss & Rowan are out unless someone knows of a mega sale going on.   :~) 

I don't want typical baby colors so that isn't an issue.  I've thought of Cascade 220 superwash.  Anyone use this?  How does it hold out?  I have some but it's in storage!  I need about 800ish yards for the blanket.  So that keeps Cascade in the "I can buy it" range.  I'd love to stick with wool but Encore is another choice for me.

Anyone else have any favs or recommendations?



4 comments:

  1. Love the 220 superwash, it holds up well and REALLY like the Plymouth Encore for that kind of project.. in fact made the mayor a sweater out of the Encore. plus you can find great deals on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, can't help you there. I use acrylic, most the time, because of the fact that you can throw it in the washer without a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made two baby sweaters out of Rustic Wool by Queensland Collection which is a superwash wool. It felt a little rough knitting, but softened up nicely with a wash. I'm not sure how easy it is to find because I've only seen it once and it's not in Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go to Webs (www.yarn.com) and check their own brand of yarns, Valley Yarns. I have used their superwash worsted before and like it very much. Also, price is right. I know they have several new yarns this fall, as well. Good luck! Also, Patternworks has their own line of yarns, too.

    ReplyDelete