Sep 17, 2007

Long Post

This is going to be a long post with lots of pics.  The highspeed is back and I have a lot to post about.

First:

Dscn1858


The Forest Canopy Shawl.  All that's left is to block it and re-photo.  I really liked this pattern and the Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted was a dream to work with.

Second:

Dscn1880


The Comfort Cable Throw.  I'm using Wool-Ease Thick and Quick, color Cranberry.  This is only a few repeats into the first panel.  I have 4 more to complete after this.

Third:

Dscn1883


Simple Socks.  The yarn used is Trekking 154 and they're for me.  They are going to be plain stockinette socks.

Fourth:

Dscn1887


Here's the dishcloth that I started in Idaho.  I finished a few days ago but wasn't happy with the way it turned out.  I've tweaked the pattern and am reknitting it.  After I've reknit it I'll be posting the pattern in my free pattern section.

Fifth:

Dscn1886


Here's a shot of the dishcloth being reworked.  I added some more cast on stitches and have added a few rows to even things out.

Finally:

Dscn1859

Seacoast Panda, color Blue Spruce.  Purchased from TLE right before we left Idaho.






And Tofutsie:





Dscn1862



Purchased from an eBay seller.  I was so happy to have snagged this because I basically got two skeins for the price of one.  Who can argue with that!

Here's hoping that the internet doesn't go down again.  Dial-up just plain stinks. 



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful shawl! Yay for high-speed again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shawl looks really good! :) I'm not a shawl person, but I love reading and looking at all the beautiful shawls people knit up.
    I am sooo in love with your Seacoast, it's deliciously tempting me to get more sock yarn. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're back! And, wow, have you been knitting your fingers to the bone. I love the Forest Canopy. Can't wait to see it, post blocking. Nice stash enhancement, too. But isn't high speed a necessity these days? There's no way I could go back to dial-up. I'm not sure I could do without wireless. Hope all is going well in the TLF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you get a lot of things done while waiting for your final quarters. Nice job and I'm so glad you got all your yarn in the mail ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH for high speed! How much yarn did your Forest Canopy take? Looks like you are getting in some pretty good knitting time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pix!! Glad your back on high speed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the second person I know who is currently knitting the Forest Canopy Shawl, or done knitting in your case. I am envious. I've enjoyed all the photos, but I sort of wondered . . . why would a person reknitted a dishcloth? Then, I remembered, I'd be one of those people if I wasn't happy with it. LOL It looks like you are up to your eyebrows in knitting and yarn . . . and just think of what is still packed away! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete