Sep 26, 2007

Socks & Aggravation

The aggravation doesn't have anything to do with the socks.  The aggravation has to do with some packages that I'm waiting on.  I'll get into that in a second.

First up, the socks.

Dscn1903


I worked on Kaity's Simple Socks last night.  I'm just starting the gusset but this sock is moving along quickly.  That could have something to do with the fact that I'm using worsted weight yarn.

Yesterday I had to go round and round with UPS on some packages that they have of mine.  You all remember the package I got in from Amazon containing my new knitting books the other day.  I got the box from UPS and it was delivered without a problem. 



I used the same address to order some winter boots for Shawn and I and to order a 50% off Kids Cardi kit from Lion Brand.  Well the address wasn't good enough for UPS this time around.  From what I gather the address we were given to use was the old address for the post office.  They moved 2 years ago and lodging never seen fit to change their info.  So after several phone calls and several Tylenol later everything was straightened out. 
The worst thing would have been that I would have had to take a drive into town to go pick them up from UPS instead of them being delivered.  No biggie, I can handle that.  We've already stumbled upon where the UPS sorting center is anyway.

The kicker is that I used the same address for an order with Knit Picks and they took it upon themselves to change the zip code.  *Sigh*.  No problem.  General Delivery is a military thing, the USPS in Great Falls should know what to do with it.  With General Delivery a street address is not important.  They see General Delivery and send it out to the base.  It may take a few days extra to get here but it will get here.  The box was suppose to be delivered today or somewhere near that day.  Anyone who's ordered from Knit Picks knows that the tracking leaves little to be desired.  To put it kindly it stinks! 



Nope, isn't going to happen so delivery today for me.  For some reason my box ended up staying on the FedEx truck so it went from Denver, CO to Salt Lake City, UT then from Salt Lake City back to Denver and then from Denver back to Salt Lake City.  I guess the yarn and needles wanted to do a little extra traveling.  All of this took about 6 days.  *double sigh*. 



So now my box is sitting in Salt Lake City waiting to head out again.  I was told by Knit Pick's customer service that if I don't get the box by 1 Sept they will ship out a new box.  At least they will ship out a new box but I wanted my needles to start another pair of socks.  Plus I have one circ Harmony needle in there and I think a lot of sizes are now back ordered until Oct.  *Super Sigh*  But I ordered several of the nickel plated needles so I'm good to go.  Thankfully my Simple Socks are almost done so that needle will be free again to start another pair of socks.  What a pain.



The good news is that we may be in our house by the beginning of next week.  I'm not going to celebrate until we're in the house though.   :~)



6 comments:

  1. Whew! What a d-dance you are going through getting your packages. Those things are important. I'd freak if I had yarn and needles coming and couldn't get them. Hang in there. I'm so glad you are getting into your new house next week. Sure hope you will take pics when you are settled. The Deputy once worked for UPS for one day. One day. Hated it and left. They made his unload all the packages off the trucks. Just about killed him. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate not knowing when packages are arriving...
    and maybe new housing next week???? yippie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man - I don't like waiting for packages either. Every time I'm really eager to get something, there's some kind of crisis that delays it! I hope they find you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pain! We've lived in our house for almost 10 years so we don't have those issues at all but I still like to have things sent to my office rather than my home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shopping is such a PITA. I'm sorry. Hopefully everything comes through OK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's some craziness with UPS. :(
    It's good to hear that you'll be gettin' to your new home pretty darn soon now. :)

    ReplyDelete