Sep 7, 2007

Montana, Here We Are!

**Warning: Long Post, No Knitting Content, No Pictures!

Yesterday is a day I'd probably rather forget.  We found out the kennel closed at 6pm so we had to basically drive as far as possible and stop as little as we could.  We still didn't make it.  Missed the kennel by about 40 minutes.  We did find someone who was willing to take them for the night.  They are being moved back over to the other kennel where they will have 24hr access to the outside, weather permitting and they are a lot closer to the base for easier visiting. 

So needless to say I have no pictures of my travels which really bummed me out.  I did get a starfish necklace with an opal in the middle when we stopped in Spencer, ID for lunch.  I'll take pics later for the next post.  It's cute.

Good News:
The house they have for us is a newer home and according to others who are in them, they are really nice and we are going to love it.  It's just a two story, no basement and it has a garage....yippy! 

Bad News:
The house isn't going to be available till like 10 Oct.  So we are staying in a 1 bedroom TLF until the house is available.

Kinda Good News:  They are going to try to move us to a 2 bedroom TLF after this weekend.

More Bad News:  Our dogs have to stay in the kennel until we get our house.  They can't come anywhere near TLF.  If they come inside they'll charge us $150 and kick us out, so they'll be staying in the kennel.  I miss the little pains already.

Even More Bad News:  All the stuff we brought with us has to go in storage.  Yup, my yarn too.  There is absolutely no room for storage in this place.  Talk about a super bummer.  My yarn is going to be in storage for the next month....sigh!  I may try to squeeze an order on payday from Knit Picks for some yarn for the baby blanket, sock yarn, and a few more 32" circ needles for sock knitting.

Kinda Good News: Since we rented our trailer from Uhaul we get 30 days free storage from them.  At least I don't have to worry about that.

Some More Bad News:  Most of our winter stuff is in storage with all our household goods so I'm going to have to go clothes shopping for all of us.  I quite sure that we are going to need warmer clothes before the end of the month.  This makes me want to smack my head against the wall.  I already planned on clothes for Kaity and Bree but not for Shawn and me.  We only need a few things to make it till our house is ready and our stuff is delivered but it's still an aggravation.

I keep wondering what else can go wrong.  Don't worry, I'm swaying with the punches and going with the flow.  I was really upset and on the verge of crying myself silly yesterday evening but today is much better.  Now Shawn and I are kinda laughing and trying to joke about it.  All that matters is that we have a place to stay, the dogs are in a good kennel where we can visit often and we have a house to look forward too.  Home is where your family is, not the house itself. 

On a bright note, I can sooooo see why Montana is called Big Sky Country.  I've never seen a sky go on forever.  The mountains and the blue sky are gorgeous.  The drive from Helena to Great Falls wasn't too bad.  I'm sure it will be much better when we make the trip without a trailer loaded with over 900 pounds worth of stuff.  We'll definitely head down to Helena to explore.

Dudes, I'm seriously in trouble, Great Falls has a Starbucks.....I squealed when we drove past it which made Shawn chuckle....he knows how much I love my coffee.  There was a double squeal when I seen the Barnes and Noble.  The base is fairly small, so I'm happy about that and it won't be long before I'm feeling totally at home here.



6 comments:

  1. Holy Crap! What a day you had. So glad you are rolling with the punches because it seems there are a few of them. But the whole stash in storage until October!?!?! I'm not sure I could survive that. But, ok. A Starbucks and a Barnes and Noble? I have to drive 2 hours for that stuff. See me? I'm green, with envy. Glad you are all safe and sound and surviving. All will be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what an adventure! But hey, a Vanilla Bean Frappucino can always help! And, oh darn, you have to go shopping for clothes and yarn? What was the bad news again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you after having moved 5 times since 2000. But I have to admit, you have beat all in the downer of moves I've made because I had no children along for the ride. Pet, yes, and I could not get out of my vehicle and leave them because it was always too hot. I hope they move you to bigger digs soon so you can have a little room. In the meantime, enjoy Starbucks, and remember, you can read those books in the bookstore without buying them. You can spend part of your day in there, with coffee, after you find a sitter (or a darn good stroller). Then, you can review all those books on your blog. By the way, thanks for the compliment on the BJS and booties. Would it help to know that the baby's mom is Chinese? Hence, the brighter colors. I think she will be adorable because her mom sure is. I am giong to knit another one soon. There is some thrill in knitting those little things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh all the stuff you have to go through! It'll all work out soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are rolling with the punches .... certainly a lot of them. Hopefully the house will be available sooner and you'll be back to petting your yarn soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GAH!!! what a day! wow. that's just insane. oh I hope it all gets better really soon.
    now do you need me to send a care package? LOL

    ReplyDelete