Sep 24, 2007

Socks, Socks, Socks

I can't believe it's been 4 days since my last post.  Everyone in the house has been sick with a head cold.  I was the last one to get it and it's want to hang on.  To keep me going I've been knitting.  If I don't knit I'll curl up and sleep. 

First up is my socks:

Dscn1900


As you can see in the photo, my helpful little one is trying to run off with the sock before I get the photo taken.  I'm a few rows away from starting the heel.  These are also my TLE Q3 challenge socks.  They aren't super hard but they are working up quickly.

Next, socks for Kaity:

Dscn1897


I'm not using a pattern, just taking notes since they are stockinette socks.   I'm using Lion Brands Lion Wool so these socks are going to be a quick knit.  The color is Autumn Sunset.

We are getting closer to moving out of TLF and into our house.  We should find out on Thurs the exact day we are moving in so we can schedule our household goods to be delivered and the cable company to come out to hook up the cable.  Hey all I need is my bed and internet the rest is trivial.  I can always order take out from our favorite restaurant the Maple Garden....it never takes us long to find a good Chinese/Japanese cuisine restaurant.  They have the yummiest Sesame Chicken and Crab Rangoon.  Kaity loves their Shrimp Fried Rice.

Kaity's home sick today.  I don't think she's really sick but she didn't eat very well this morning and she's complaining about her tummy hurting.  I could have sent her to school but I would have ended up having to pick her up before the end of the day anyway.



7 comments:

  1. I hope everyone gets better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everyone is getting better. I'm sure you will be happy to found out your actual move-in date. Looks like the knitting is moving all well. Socks are always a good way to get in some knitting time without a lot of complications. So how do you like Great Falls so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Chinese food - that's the first place I'd be scoping out, too! Feel better. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm, shrimp fried rice. Now I have a craving.
    bummer about the colds, hope everyone feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your household is feeling better soon and that you get your new home soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everyone feels better real soon. What a cute little helper hand. A little helper hand that was here for the weekend pulled a double point out of my socks in progress. Those little ones are soooooo fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My baby's getting ready to move *into* TLF before PCS'ing to Barksdale AFB in LA. We're totally geeked about having them stationed Stateside. Here's hoping you get settled quickly.
    And while you're waiting...TAG! Click on the URL/homepage thingie to get the details.
    ~Hugs~

    ReplyDelete