Nov 16, 2007

An Almost FO

Sock number one, done.

Dscn2192


This morning I finished up the 1st 3x3 cable sock with moss stitch.....pattern found in Sensational Knitted Socks. The sock weighed in at 50 grams and the left over weighed in at 72 grams. You can get mega long socks out of these hanks. I knit a 2" cuff, 5.5" leg (pattern), and a 3" heel flap for a total of 10.5 inch long sock from heel to cuff. Plus the sock has a 10" foot unstretched.

Dscn2194


This has got to be the absolute super duper most comfy sock I've knit so far. The yarn (Dream in Color Smooshy) is a dream to work with and the pattern has a bit of stretch but the cables and moss stitch pull in to make the sock stay up. Love it, love it, love it. I can't wait to get the second sock finished so I can wear them.

I started Kaity's shawl the other night.

Dscn2186


I have a few repeats of the pattern finished. I doubt this will take me very long so I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to finish it up for Christmas. I've found my new "go-to" acrylic. I like Red Heart Soft Yarn much better then Caron's Simply Soft. The Red Heart is just as soft but it doesn't split at all. I constantly split stitches with the Simply Soft.

I'm off to go grocery shopping. See I told you I have a fun filled, exciting life. Grocery shopping at the base commissary....at least Shawn gets to join in on the fun. He's off this week so he's going a long to help.

Today I leave you with a cute puppy pic.

Dscn2172


"What me, I didn't do nuthin'!"



6 comments:

  1. Oh- You aren't making it easy to resist the Dream in Color yarn. I'm repeating my mantra. "Only Christmas Knitting. Only Christmas Knitting!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great yarn on both of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smooshy. Sigh. DIC is quickly becoming my favorite sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The socks are very green. Wow. The shawl looks great and you seem to be zooming along. Take advantage of those sales before the holidays and try to stay out of trouble there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous green sock! Love it!

    ReplyDelete