Nov 14, 2007

Busy Busy Wednesday

I worked on my 3x3 cable socks w/moss stitch last night. There isn't enough progress to warrant a photo. The gusset is a few rounds from being complete which will put the sock at about 4.5 inches long...bout 4 inches away from starting the toe. There are times when I really wished my feet were smaller.  :)



Shawn and I managed to get all of our shopping finished this afternoon. We found the rest of the stuff we wanted to get the girls and we even managed to get a couple of them on sale.



I actually cheated on shopping for Bree because most of her stuff was ordered between Amazon.com, Fisher-Price, and Toys R Us. It's so easy to shop online and have UPS deliver to my door step. I couldn't find what I wanted locally so ordering online was my next best choice. I could have gotten what I wanted at Toys R Us but that would mean a 4 hour drive to Billings. I'd waste more money in gas. I can't believe that Great Falls does not have a Toys R Us *sigh*!

After shopping for the girls we hit up Starbucks for a couple coffees and then headed to Michaels for some yarn. They're having a sale on a lot of their yarns through the 17th of Nov.

Paton's Classic Wool is 30% off making it $3.49 a ball here.

Dscn2181


I couldn't pass that up. They didn't have enough in the same dye lot in a color that Shawn liked but there were 9 balls left of the green I was wanting so I snagged them. That gives me a little over 2000 yards....plenty enough for a sweater.

I got this one for Kaity.

Dscn2180


It's Red Heart Soft Yarn....it's super soft. I bought it to make her very own Forest Canopy Shawl. I'm going to cast on tonight or tomorrow and I'm hoping to have it finished before Christmas.



I also got a ball of pink dishcloth cotton to make a kitty cloth. She's been wanting one so I figured that would make a good stocking stuffer.



I have a small order coming in from Knit Picks. I ordered the Shine sport so I can make a proper Sheldon the Turtle. We decided to get the colors River and Sky (both blues)....Sheldon's going to be a blue turtle. I also bought some of the Harmony Cable needles, and the Candy Cane sock pattern which should work up perfectly using the red Louet Gems I bought from TLE several months ago.



Well I'm outta here. I need to get dinner started soon. Plus it's time to attack laundry mountain again. It's a never ending battle.



5 comments:

  1. Awesome stash enhancement once again! I look forward to seeing what will be on your chair each post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Michael's on Sunday. Only bought a few skeins of S&C. We got there about 1:30 and the store opens at 1pm. There wasn't enough of any color left of Vanna's yarn for an afghan that I wanted to make, so this time, Micheal's didn't get a big payment from me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been really pleased with the Paton's Classic Merino - and great for you to find it on sale! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'll need to go to Michaels. That green would be perfect for Grilltech.

    ReplyDelete