Nov 9, 2007

Lotta Updates

I think this is going to be another long post. I need to get back into a regular blogging schedule. When I don't post for several days things start to pile up.



First up, Sheldon the Turtle is no more. I made a command decision to not finish him. I'm going to start it again when I have some Knit Picks Shine to use. I came to the conclusion that Cotlin isn't the yarn to use on this project. It doesn't have the give that Shine has when knitting it so it kills my hands.



I finished Kaity's Palindrome scarf.

Dscn2141

I used 2 skeins of Patons SWS. It about 38 inches unblocked which is perfect for Kaity. I have plans to wash and block it today. Kaity was at school when I finished it so Scooby Doo is modeling it for me. The ends matching was purely accidental.

I also finished the Playground Mittens.

Dscn2140

As you can see, I still need to wash and block the second one. Kaity really likes them so I'll be making more of these.

I also started a new pair of socks. 

Dscn2146

This picture isn't all that great. We are lacking natural light today. I hate overcast days. I'm using Dreaming in Color Smooshy, color Happy Forest and the 3x3 with Moss Stitch pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. I'm feeling the cable love right now so everything I've been knitting here lately has cables in it.

I also started Bree sweater last night.

Dscn2149

It isn't much right now but I doubt it's going to take long. The rest of the sweater will be knit in the round. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted, color: Childs Play. I'm using a pattern by Knitting Pure and Simple, Baby Tunic #211. I making the 12 month size. As crazy as it seems, my 15 month (almost 16 month) daughter will have room to grow. Measuring her made me realize how small she is. She makes up for her small size with a big attitude so I think it all evens out.

I need to go attack the laundry. Kaity has a Brownie Scout meeting tonight and she needs something "nice" to wear since she doesn't have her full uniform yet. They are having some kind of little ceremony thing and "nice" wasn't my word it's something the leader said several times when we were on the phone. OK, OK, I get it don't send my child to the meeting wearing a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. Damn, guess that means I should wear jeans instead of sweats too. *sigh* but sweat pants are sooooo comfy.



7 comments:

  1. Whew! You have been one busy gal. I have to find some Patons SWS. I just love the way it knits up into cables. And I love that sock pattern! I'm going to grab the book as soon as I finish here. Sounds like everyone is very busy and life has settle into a normal routine. Have a great weekend. I'm still wishing we had a Michael's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy accident with Kaity's scarf! Love the colors. And I am completely addicted to Dream In Color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scarf! Can't believe how much you have been able to do... lucky duck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor sheldon! But he will probably be happier in a "nicer" yarn. You make me tired! I'm still working on the same socks for 2 weeks now, but I did finish another baby sweater this week. Have to put the sleeves in and then I can post pics! :) Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaity will be the warmest child on the playground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaity is gonna rock the playgound with her handknits!
    I hate getting dressed up too... if my sweats have straight legs, then I'll "dress" them up with a sweater. :)

    ReplyDelete