Nov 19, 2007

An FO With Some Snow

It's snowing finally. The snow started last night and it appears that it's snowed off and on all night long. I love snow yet, I hate it too. It's pretty but it creates so much more work. Every time the dogs go outside they have to be rubbed down to get the snow out of their fur. What fun today will be.

I have good news though. I finished Bree's sweater last night.

Dscn2201


Here's the Stats:
Pattern: Knitting Pure and Simple (KP&S) #211, Baby Tunic
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted Multi, color Childsplay
Size Knit: 12 Months
Needles: US 8 for the body, sleeves and hood and US 6 for the ribbing.
Mods: None





After it's washed and dried I'll get photos of Bree in her sweater. Well, I'll try to get photos of Bree in her sweater.



If you're looking for a simple baby sweater to knit this is the one for you. The pattern is written in sizes 6 months, 12 months, 18 months, and 24 months. It's knit all in the round which means no seaming unless you pick seaming over kitchener for the hood. I used the kitchener stitch for the hood. The link for the kitchener stitch is the one I used to help me when I first started knitting socks.

The only thing I noticed about the KP&S patterns are that they run kinda on the big side. I ended up going with the size 2-4 for Kaity because it will give her about 6 inches of ease. Kaity normally wears a size 6-8 in shirts. I'll be casting on for Kaity's sweater here soon. I want to finish my other sock and the shawl.



4 comments:

  1. cute, cute, cute! can't wait to see her in it!
    No snow here... just cold and rainy. Maybe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater is so cute. Can't wait to see Bree in it. We're going to get the snow starting late this afternoon and into tomorrow. More in the higher elevations. Hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! I love snow! It's supposed to flurry Wednesday night, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Of course, it was 75 degrees yesterday so there's no chance of it sticking. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss snow. Sortof. I miss it for about a week. And then the driving and shoveling gets old. But at the moment, it would be so pretty.
    Nice job on Bree's sweater. It'll be so cute on her!

    ReplyDelete