Nov 3, 2007

Goodies and an FO

Goodies seem to be coming in left and right here. Ok, maybe that's a tad over exaggerated.

My order of Malabrigo from Woolgirl

Dscn2108


This is going to become a hat, scarf, and maybe some fingerless mitts....for me of course. Jen has some great stuff....go check it out, buy yarn, go now. OK....had to throw in a little enabling there! Did I mention she has Malabrigo lace.....yum! I also joined The Seven Deadly S(p)ins yarn club to top it all off. I linked to Jen's blog entry if anyone is interested the info is there.

I also ordered a few books: Best of Interweave Knits, The Yarn Girls Guide to Knits for Older Kids, and two books that are knits for girls and their dolls.

Dscn2109


My book club was doing the buy 2 books get a 3rd free plus free shipping. The two doll/girl sweater books were a package deal. Now hows a girl suppose to pass that up?



I also finished Bree's Kimono Jacket.



Dscn2113



It's a tad long in the arms but other then that it fits great. I'm not sure if I like the ties. I may pick up some snaps to sew on and then stick some buttons over them for decoration. I'll have to see what I can dig up while I'm at Michaels.



I got the new Interweave Knits, Winter 2007 issue and I'm not overly thrilled over most of the projects. Maybe that's because I was totally blown away with the Holiday issue....I don't think there were many who weren't. In the Winter issue, I like the Tilting Cable socks, Henley Perfected, and Redefined Aran Jacket. I'm going to have to let it marinate to see if I like any of the others.



I'm hoping to score some Patons Classic Wool tomorrow at Michaels. It's suppose to be on sale 2 for $7 which makes it affordable for me to make either the Central Park Hoodie or Twisted. I'm really leaning towards Twisted. Both sweaters take about the same amount of yarn so I'm just going to buy 9 or 10 balls and go from there. So wish me luck on finding enough yarn with the same dye lot in a color I like.



4 comments:

  1. I made a project with the Patons and was pleasantly surprised. I think it'll make a great inexpensive option for either sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that Malabrigo is yummy. I have ordered from Jen, and she is terrific. I agree that the Holiday Issue has more in it than the Winter issue of IK. But I still love the magazine over VK. Bree's kimono is adorable. Pics with model? I am so jealous you have a Michaels. That's a deal on Patons wool. I've worked with it and like it. Hey, we are getting a Walgreen's and an Applebees. Can Michael's be far behind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have the Winter issue yet, but saw the previews and I know what you mean and to top it all off, the girls are different. I see you are in a hoodie mood too? I want to knit the "Not your standard-issue sweatshirt, take two" but don't have the right yarn for it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bree's kimono looks too cute! gonna post a pic of her modeling?
    now you have me thinking of the 7 spins club.... hhhmmm should I or shouldn't I....

    ReplyDelete