Nov 25, 2007

New Socks & Goodies

Yesterday I received some goodies in the mail. Which was probably a good thing because Friday night I was up all night with Kaity. She got sick in the middle of the night. So the goodies Sunday afternoon when I woke from my nap was a nice touch. I also started a pair of socks for my mom during my watch over Kaity.



Kaity's fine now and is sitting on the couch watching Shrek 3 for what seems like the millionth time.



First up is my Loopy Ewe Winter sock club kit.

Dsc03278

A shot of just the yarn.



Dsc03266



I really love the colors. The yarn is Yarn Pirate BFL and the color is Cranberry Ice....Yum! We also received a sheep calendar from Romney Ridge Farms, hot cocoa, and a small project bag, plus chocolate loopy kisses...Yum. I'll definitely try to renew this sock club.

I also received my Yarn Pirate Booty Club Nov shipment.

Dsc03272


I absolutely love, love, love this color. Georgia used BFL for this shipment too. The color is called Solstice. I'm going to have to fight Kaity for this one. She started drooling as soon as I unwrapped it.

Finally, the socks I started for my mom.



Dsc03291


Close up shot:



Dsc03289



I'm using the Seacoast Handpaint Panda she purchased and sent me quite a few months back and Penllyn Socks pattern by Wildhorse Farms Design. The yarn color is Desert Rose. My mom requested another pair of socks to keep her toes warm. She loved the Monkey socks I made her some months ago. So I promised her that the next pair I made would be for her.

Thanks to Kaity being sick I've got the first sock almost done. I have about 2.5 inches to go before the toe decreases. The Penllyn pattern is an easy pattern to knit.



8 comments:

  1. Ooooh, great goodies in the mail. Got my LE shipment, too. I love the Penlynn socks. So glad Kaity is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh- That Cranberry Ice is so lovely! So cute that Kaity is watching Shrek over and over. I totally did that as a kid.
    Who am I kidding? I'm going to pop Ratatouille in again tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I hope I get picked for the sock club in January! That cranberry ice is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous goodies! That is one pretty colorway in your loopy sock club.
    And the Penllyn socks are really awesome. Your mom is super lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your Yarn Pirate is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Mayor watches the same movies over and over too... and STILL ASKS QUESTIONS... nuts.
    I really love all your Loopy Ewe sock club stuff- I'm really thinking that one over
    How do you fine all these neat sock patterns??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Solstice. I may need more information about the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catching up on your posts. Glad she's doing better. Pretty socks! Hope you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete